Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sat at my mates house yesterday, and glanced through his September copy of Top Gear magazine.

"10 of the best cars in the world right now." Of course the i8 is on the list. The Tesla is not mentioned, fair enough, they may like an AMG S Class more.

But then they have an inside article about EV's, comparing the i8 with the Zoe and the eUp! Erm... forgetting something?

I've had lots of people come up and ask me about the car, saying how nice it is, only to say "Who makes it". This is before the whole "it's a pure electric car" conversation starts, at which point they normally don't believe me and insist on seeing the engine! (Maybe that's why the BMW came in their top 10... At least if i had an i8 I could oblige :p)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Maybe Tesla don't send them on so many nice jollies? No idea, car reporting and reviewing is (almost) all just opinions and attitudes anyway. I wish people would read it and enjoy it, but make their own minds up from their own test drives and experiences.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like any other b2c business, brand is more important than substance. Give away some freebies to the underrated journalists, et voila...

I get the word of mouth \ social media approach, but ultimately a TV campaign and greasing the wheels with some magazine advertorials would save me from explaining the car every time I park up.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Like any other b2c business, brand is more important than substance. Give away some freebies to the underrated journalists, et voila...

I get the word of mouth \ social media approach, but ultimately a TV campaign and greasing the wheels with some magazine advertorials would save me from explaining the car every time I park up.
Maybe the owners should club together and run some ads?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do people still buy physical magazines now days, with this new fangled interweb thing
T'interweb isn't for everyone.

Watching him on a computer is painful.

He does make beautiful bespoke furniture however, and I'm sure he feels the same way when he sees a chisel in my hand. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts