Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can now categorically state that the top speed of the Ampera is NOT 100MPH, I managed 105 today at which point a message popped up below the speed readout stating 'Speed limited to 105MPH'

Of course this was done on a banked testing ground and not at all on a clear straight stretch of the M4.

:D

Mark.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you were (and I'm sure you will not be) tempted to conduct a similar test on the M4, I must warn you I was filmed and then fined for doing 94MPH in a 1.3 diesel Corsa near Swindon a few years ago.

I think I was most upset by the picture, as it clearly showed me looking up at the camera and I definately already had the brakes on at the time!!!

Big Paul

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I had the chance to drive the Ampera on the Banked circuit at Millbrook (part of the ePioneer test drives) I also got it over 100mph (103 iirc) so I knew that it was not the top speed, but I also understand that Speedometers always read over the actual so I would not be surprised that if you used GPS speed tracking (GPS essentials App is free on android) that you were under the stated on screen speed, possibly 105 onscreen is 100mph at the road.

P.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts