Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these mentioned on the centre console cover thread, so on the spur of the moment ordered one last Friday evening.

It arrived yesterday, but was away at work so only just had a chance to fit it.

I went for the matt carbon effect one, I just can’t move on from my Ripspeed days! Younger members may need to look that up, or maybe even older ones?!

It’s a nice piece of plastic, flawless carbon effect, and has pre-applied tape to fix to the shiny OEM cover.

A few pictures, it fits very well indeed, and doesn’t sit proud and certainly doesn’t look like it’s stuck on. I used an alcohol wipe to clean the piano black it sticks to

Excuse the crumbs in the centre console, I do need to give the inside a good clean, but at least the carbon effect will not be a fingerprint magnet.

No affiliation with Torque Alliance, just a regular customer. I hope they do a door version at some point to match.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure I'd want the carbon effect (maybe a.metallic look), but the fit and finish of that capping is flawless.
Yes, I had to choose between matt black and the matt carbon effect. The glossy carbon would be out of the frying pan into the fire I thought, and white would only match the white interior cars.

I thought matt black looked a bit plain, so matt carbon it was!

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
429 Posts
I wrapped mine, but with the time it took this is an excellent option!

Here’s the link:

It would be great if they did door ones too.

Reactions: Tooks

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I saw these mentioned on the centre console cover thread, so on the spur of the moment ordered one last Friday evening.

It arrived yesterday, but was away at work so only just had a chance to fit it.

I went for the matt carbon effect one, I just can’t move on from my Ripspeed days! Younger members may need to look that up, or maybe even older ones?!

It’s a nice piece of plastic, flawless carbon effect, and has pre-applied tape to fix to the shiny OEM cover.

A few pictures, it fits very well indeed, and doesn’t sit proud and certainly doesn’t look like it’s stuck on. I used an alcohol wipe to clean the piano black it sticks to

Excuse the crumbs in the centre console, I do need to give the inside a good clean, but at least the carbon effect will not be a fingerprint magnet.

No affiliation with Torque Alliance, just a regular customer. I hope they do a door version at some point to match.

View attachment 146999
View attachment 147000 View attachment 147001 View attachment 147002 View attachment 147003
Carbon fibre accessories would go great with my bangin’ aftermarket sound system! 😉

Actually - though I mocked the idea on the other thread - looks alright fitted! Still don’t think I’d get it at the moment, but maybe if the piano black gets even more scuffed at some point I might give in.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Looks good, although I'd probably be more inclined to go with matt black.

I've seen the alcantara wrapped version too, but I don't trust the wife not to spill something on it first day out.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks good, although I'd probably be more inclined to go with matt black.

I've seen the alcantara wrapped version too, but I don't trust the wife not to spill something on it first day out.
No disrespect to the guy on the other thread, but I thought that £180 for the alcantara option was a bit steep, and I would imagine to include all the door grab areas too, the final cost would be at least £800, I was thinking more like £3-400. Might be worth dropping a line to torque alliance to see if door grabs are in the pipeline.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Might be worth dropping a line to torque alliance to see if door grabs are in the pipeline.
I asked them that after I took delivery of the center console cover, they replied that they’re working on the door grab handles as well.

No specifics around the timeline for that was shared though.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks. I might get in touch with them too. The more people asking the better, give them an idea of the demand.
Unless it's a replacement rather than a capping, I imagine the door grabs will be harder to fit perfectly if stuck down as they'll be an "L" shaped profile rather than flat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts