Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Perhaps some of you have read my post regarding my R Link system. I cannot connect to anything, not to my App, nothing Rlink store related. I have 2 bars on the Network screen, but the SIM ID is 0000000000 and the Network status is DISCONNECTED. Called R Link Support, Renault Support and finally went to a dealer today...
They've started with removing the fuse 31, something I've already done following the advise of the collective here. No result, everything still the same. The Renault service suggested that I need to book the car so they can perform a "Shut down" and "reboot" the car??? This got me so confused. Are they talking about disconnecting the battery from under the driver side floor mat? If this is what they are referring to I can do it myself and don't need to waste a day in the Dealership.
Other than that the car is spot on. I have a full DAB list of station now, my phone working perfectly well, the TomTom working without a single issue and even the outside temperature started working 3 days ago 馃榿

So.....anyone willing to share an expert opinion before I book a service so the Renault can flick the switch?

Thank you

Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
There was a batch of faulty TCUs. It's always due process for potential warranty work ie slow as anything.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There was a batch of faulty TCUs. It's always due process for potential warranty work ie slow as anything.
So what are you saying? That if I am unlucky to have a faulty TCU it could take a long time to get it sorted?

Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
What year have you? 22 or ZE40? - your lucky to have 2 bars showing , is that at all times is it? - 24hrs/7days a week because my bars keep going altogether.

And lucky to have even 0000000000 showing in SIM ID area - mine is blank all the time

If you want to try full shutdown and your doing it that way (be careful!) disconnect 12v battery first then pull the lever of that big isolator underneath the drivers mat next in that order - apparently the renault people are supposed to be kitted out with high voltage DC protection - elf n safety more than likely (cant see it meself but) . The end user apparently not supposed to touch that thing under the drivers mat (but I have recently)

Then you got to leave everything to 'drain' (think renault leave it to all drain down for 30 minutes at least but if u have the time why not let it drain overnight)

You could press the home button on the r-linkl quickly 4 or 5 times to reboot it if u havent done it already , and see what happens .

I didnt have to when reconnecting mine , but might be good idea to have the r-link radio code once you put back the isolator under the drivers mat and 12v battery connection should the r-link ask for it

Good luck with everything - keep us posted .

if you need a contact at renault connect David Oliveira is good I find
@ [email protected]

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks @Andy-Zo茅-User , I've already been in contact with David, really nice chap however, he couldn't help me more. I do have the code for the radio and I've tried everything else as suggested from other forum members in my previous post. I will try to do the whole lot as you described it. I will update the post as soon as I have (hopefully) some positive result.
馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Well.......I am HAPPY to report that it worked 馃憤 馃憤 馃憤 馃榿馃榿馃榿
@Andy-Zo茅-User THANK YOU, I followed your instruction step by step, removed the isolator/fuse, left the car for 30 minutes and now when I go to the Network....I have CONNECTED and my Renault App is now connected as well with the code I was given by David from R Link helpdesk.

Result 馃憤

Registered
Renault Zoe Intens 2013
Well.......I am HAPPY to report that it worked 馃憤 馃憤 馃憤 馃榿馃榿馃榿
@Andy-Zo茅-User THANK YOU, I followed your instruction step by step, removed the isolator/fuse, left the car for 30 minutes and now when I go to the Network....I have CONNECTED and my Renault App is now connected as well with the code I was given by David from R Link helpdesk.

Result 馃憤
Fantastic - good work 馃憤

1 - 8 of 8 Posts