Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an early post on here regarding touch up paint but I thought I would add this as its slightly different. I have a few small chips and Tesco dints on the car but not enough to warrant 'Chips Away' or similar yet.
I believe all paint has to be ordered from Germany by an Ampera Service Centre and I wondered if anyone knew what packages are available (spray, brush or a kit with any lacquers etc (not the right terms but its not my area)).
My car is Crystal Claret and I thought the code was WA505Q/89/GBE but apparently the plate (Service Parts Identification) in the offside rear storage compartment has all the codes and the bottom line is for the paint (see photo). I think these codes specify all of the original components when the car was manufactured. There is a way to decode it but I haven't found it yet.
Its always nice to have a little background knowledge when speaking to Service Centres so I wondered if anyone has bought Vauxhall touch up kits for their Ampera, if it was difficult and what packages are available.
Failing that any recommendations regarding Chips Away or similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought a touch up kit via Bellingers at my last service it was only about 8 quid from memory. It consists of 2 items, the colour and clear lacquer. Cheaper than buying a similar thing from Halfords?
Blimey thats cheap, I will enquire about price when I take the car for its service in 2 weeks, I was expecting mega bucks. If all else fails I will try these people Vauxhall Ampera Crystal Red GBE Touch Up Paint
The codes are the same for my car but its listed as Crystal Claret not Crystal Red, I have emailed to check as I know there can be problems matching colours.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
My genuine GM Opel/Vauxhall touch-up (car is metallic "Crystal Red") has the following inscribed on the front cardboard:

impulsrot met.
cardinal red met.
rouge cardinal met.
1 # 95599004
GR.8.769
17 66 107

Supplied by Bellingers.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
That could be the same as mine. Mine is called Summit White (it was the second cheapest colour choice when the car was new, black was the only no-cost colour) and the Touch up has:-
Opel/Vauxhall
schneeweiss 40R
olympic white 40R
blanc glacier 40R
1 # 93165427
GR.8.769
17 66 0866

The pack has both the white and the lacquer.

·
Premium Member
Electron Summit White NK13...110k 92.7 and rising
204 Posts
Was trying to work out which colour white I had and I found this which helps decode the Service Parts Identification label a bit.

So on mine, the lowest line says BC/CC U8624 03E

which translates to Base coat & Clear coat Body colour paint code U8624 and Interior trim colour/level 03E

This site will help you convert the five character body paint code to something useful or you can just google it

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
Lithium White is 800J according to this site. I have had a rake around and it comes up also with WA800J. Although according to this site it should be a 4 character/number reference. Chevrolet also has this colour code as Diamond White, which is a tri-coat. Both Lithium White and Crystal Red were the only Ampera tri-coat colours.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you post a photo of your label?
Here you go

Lithium White is 800J according to this site. I have had a rake around and it comes up also with WA800J. Although according to this site it should be a 4 character/number reference. Chevrolet also has this colour code as Diamond White, which is a tri-coat. Both Lithium White and Crystal Red were the only Ampera tri-coat colours.
It's the same that Opel sold me, 9559906 reports back as 800J in TOUCH-UP PAINT [3 COAT (NOT BRANDED)] OPEL AMPERA as well, but funny in that site the pack has 3 sticks, mine only has two (paint and clearcoat)

Not sure if I was sold old stock or a bad batch, but the color seems more gray than pearl white.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,714 Posts
The 3 stick set includes a primer, possibly to bulk up chips so that the final clearcoat is level with the existing finish. I've yet to find a non-brilliant white touch-up that is a perfect match and even then on my Summit white I think it was only the glare of the sun that stopped you noticing touch-ups.

·
Premium Member
Electron Summit White NK13...110k 92.7 and rising
204 Posts
Here you go

Oooerrr ... well, that puts paid to that theory then. Maybe its just white primer with a clear topcoat ... :ROFLMAO:

I've yet to find a non-brilliant white touch-up that is a perfect match
Yep - my first touch-up pot (Hycote) looks a bit creamy for Summit/Olympic White, although it does have a nice fine brush. Going to try a genuine GM one next.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This doesn't help with the paint, I also found this full list of the RPO* codes that appear in the main part of the label. I checked my 03E trim code and it seems to be right: 03E TRIM COLOR SEAT CERAMIC WHITE/JET BLACK

*Regular Production Option
Great link, already saved. So I have checked every code (why wouldn't I? 😄) and I have in the sticker GBN that matches with PRIMARY COLOR EXTERIOR, WHITE DIAMOND TRICOAT (G) and country Netherlands (CT5) that was where the car was first registered, makes sense. GB* codes seems to be exterior paint.

PCW, VRH and 5GM seems to have no match on that PDF, all the rest is on point.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts