Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some a*hole appears to have scraped the front on my beloved Zoe and caused some paint damage argh!

I have a 20 pate glacier white Zoe so wondering if theres any thoughts on where best to get touch up paint. Tried the Renault website but it asks for my reg and then needs me to fill in details to contact them...rather than showing me the paint?!

·
Registered
16,872 Posts
I’ve used Chipex kits with good results.

Just needs a little time and effort spent.

·
Registered
16,872 Posts
Ha just read the reviews for this and not great so you are probably right! Chipex is a little pricey!
The 'silver' option is £35.95 but you'll get an almost invisible repair.

With just plain touchup paint you won't.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,135 Posts
Just be aware that if any defect appears anywhere else on the panel and you attempt to claim under paintwork warranty that your local helpful Renault dealer will spend as long as it takes to find this tiny touch up to then declare "this car has had work already and therefore not covered under the warranty!"

·
Registered
16,872 Posts
Just be aware that if any defect appears anywhere else on the panel and you attempt to claim under paintwork warranty that your local helpful Renault dealer will spend as long as it takes to find this tiny touch up to then declare "this car has had work already and therefore not covered under the warranty!"
You really do have an Eeyore view on life.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having looked a bit more closely, it seems the damage is more than a few small scratches :mad:

So i am thinking of going down the ChipsAway route. The damage covers the driver side front bumper and the quote from ChipsAway is £210 :oops:

Anyone had any experience with these guys and think its worth it? Any point in me contacting the local dealer and asking for a quote from them or will that be much more?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just paint damage - heres some pics. i think the streaks near the wheel arch could be t-cut out but there's a couple of spots on the lower bumper which seem deeper...

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've used chipsaway a couple of times... they are franchised so depends what the one is like in your local area.. the first time I used my local one on a blue fiesta and damage was a front bumper.. repair was excellent.
2nd time was a repair to back offside arch area on my older white zoe.. looked good when done but after 3 month area was covered in v small 1 mm sized bubbles.. the franchised dealer tried to get out of it and I had to complain to head office to get them to fix it properly.. the repair was good this time.

·
Registered
16,872 Posts
Just paint damage - heres some pics. i think the streaks near the wheel arch could be t-cut out but there's a couple of spots on the lower bumper which seem deeper...
View attachment 135091 View attachment 135092
Looks like mainly the plastic bumper that got scraped.

You could do a reasonable job with a rotary polish (or drill) and some time yourself. Then touch up the spots on the corners where the paint is missing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts