Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
John
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from a trip to Cornwall from Bedfordshire, my first ever EV trip over 50 miles and using public chargers.
Plenty of 50Kw chargers on M4 & M5 also in most major towns.(Ecotricity,Genie & Podpoint)

On the trip West bound I had a bad attack of RANGE ANXEITY!! I charged 5 times 2 of them totally unnecessary !!
Managed to charge overnight at our holiday lodge (13amp) for free and paid for 1 charge with Genie £3.19
for 90%
All other charges with Ecotricity were free using CCS getting 90% in 30 minutes every time,(I get gas and electricity from them).
Nerdy data: 1109 miles total in 7 days average 5.1Kwh.
The same trip in my Lexus IS would have cost £230 in petrol.

I also just have to say that the Ioniq's adaptive cruise control is fantastic on dual carriageway or motorway
just set to 70 mph and steer !!!! it never faltered once!

Comments and questions welcomed.

Cheers John...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good to hear all went well John, thanks for the info. As yet I've not used anything other than my home charger and to be honest I've not had any range anxiety but I'm more than a little nervous about using a public charger but sooner or later I'm going to have to give it a go

Mark

·
John
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I jumped in the deep end on a 252 mile trip once you have conquered the first it's a breeze after that good luck

John...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Agreed, i went and charged mine the day before i went on a trip, at local services, just so i could assure myself how it all worked and that it would work. Really simple, worked easy. I can't wait to get back from this business trip so i can start driving all over the country!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
That's why I jumped in the deep end on a 252 mile trip once you have conquered the first it's a breeze after that good luck

John...
Totally agree. The fear stopped us doing long trips for 2 years despite meaning to do some. Then bought an EV 550 miles away!! In at the deep end is the way to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts