Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
8,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the odd Facebook group member with a tow bar on order has been known to have a delivery date. If you have one on order, please post here with spec summary and delivery status.

For my part I have a white LR AWD with FSD and Aeros. Reserved April 2016, ordered 3 May 2019. No news as yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have heard that the odd Facebook group member with a tow bar on order has been known to have a delivery date. If you have one on order, please post here with spec summary and delivery status.
LR AWD, black, black, tow bar. Reserved April 2016, ordered 1st May 2019, haven't heard anything yet.

·
Registered
472 Posts
SR+ Red with towbar, reservation from before the reveal and added the towbar option the morning it became available. I have a vin and a delivery estimate of 2-9th Sept.
So unless they've made a mistake (how very unlike Tesla.....) they have actually made some RHD cars with tow bars.

·
Registered
472 Posts
seems a bit odd to start production with the least useful model to have a tow bar fitted, as the range of the SR + for towing anything other than a bike rack (which is what I got it for) is going to be fairly crap.... not that I'm complaining ;)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
seems a bit odd to start production with the least useful model to have a tow bar fitted, as the range of the SR + for towing anything other than a bike rack (which is what I got it for) is going to be fairly crap.... not that I'm complaining ;)
Does seem odd. But pleased for you anyway that you're getting your M3. Well, trying to be pleased anyway ... :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
LR AWD metallic silver, black interior, aero wheels, reserved 1st Apr 2016, ordered 2nd May 2019, added towbar on the day it was announced. Only comms, the "continuing deliveries August through September" text.

·
Registered
161 Posts
LR AWD Black with Towbar: also noticed a VIN in source code yesterday. Ordered 1st May.
What range is your VIN serial number? mine is 4906xx, which seems a lot lower than others on the delivery thread. Just noticed a final invoice as well, delivery date quoted as 1st Oct.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Er, I'm trying to look but the Tesla website is saying:
Code:
{
  "error": {
    "message": "Connection refused"
  }
}
...when I try to log in!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just checked my source code and I've got a VIN in the range 479XXX range. No final invoice.

On the range of the SR+ while towing: I'm sure it's going to be shorter than 200 miles but realistically I never tow more than 60 miles at a time and I don't see a justification for getting the bigger battery for a edge use case of longer towing. Moving bikes 20 miles to the hills or hauling wood shortish distances is the spec. TBH, the option of the towball was the final trigger for ordering the car as I don't want to be without that function.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts