Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title.. Tow hitch now £1,300 and all those on inventory with the hitch have had their pricing adjusted accordingly.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To add.. I think it interesting that the US built M3 which are on the stock inventory have also had their prices upped. Is that legit? I recall there being something about retailers not being allowed to increase prices on items they’d already had in stock and on display, but they might be urban myth.

·
Registered
658 Posts
A retailer can ask whatever price they want for an item, and are free to change that price as many times as they feel fit. It's up to the consumer as to whether they consider it worth paying for.

Whilst there are rules about advertising price reductions, relating to how long the item has been on sale at the higher price for, there's no restrictions on price increases, even for items already produced.

Whether it is good PR is a different matter. I suspect on the whole, not many people would be aware, unless they were actively pricing up options around the time of the change.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are; you have to select 'Personal/Sole Trader' in the customise finance option, then Personal Contract Hire appears as an option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does the tow hitch come standard now as there’s nowhere to add it to my order on Tesla’s website?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Does the tow hitch come standard now as there’s nowhere to add it to my order on Tesla’s website?
Looks like you’ll need to grab one from the ‘available inventory’ list, there’s a selection of SR+ and LR with tow pack on their way at the moment, if the rest of the spec fits.

·
Still charging...
137 Posts
World wide Tow Hitch shortage so possibly been removed for now
I noticed the option is missing yesterday as well (while “just browsing”, in case the wife is reading…)

Kinda frustrating they change these things at random, but all part of “the game” it seems

·
Registered
666 Posts
I noticed the option is missing yesterday as well (while “just browsing”, in case the wife is reading…)

Kinda frustrating they change these things at random, but all part of “the game” it seems
Towbars are delaying VW orders by months, not something I expect Tesla want to get involved in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts