Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You get similar warnings in most car manuals to be fair. Even ICE vehicles have "limp home" warnings in the event of going out of parameters (e.g. climbing an excessively steep hill hauling a caravan)
True, it is just backside-covering stuff after all, but reading these you would be forgiven for thinking that FCEVs had some quite major drawbacks. Also, Toyota made a point of showing people that you could drink the water from a FCEV, but then say don't do it under any circumstances in the manual....

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
I do think having the fuel tanks replaced at 10 years is going to be a bit of a surprise to one owner.

However I think Toyota will buy every one back and won’t let any fall into private hands, in case there’s a situation.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,613 Posts
I do think having the fuel tanks replaced at 10 years is going to be a bit of a surprise to one owner.

However I think Toyota will buy every one back and won’t let any fall into private hands, in case there’s a situation.
Isn't that why they're only available on a lease?

That said, airbags expire after 10 years and I've never heard of anyone replacing one!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
possibly why they are leased, but at some point they will have to allow the purchase of them.

As for the back seat vent there are few BEV’s with those vents and that warning in the manual.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,079 Posts
So that'll be "not just" water, then?

False advertising?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,079 Posts
It's mainly water, it's just that there are residues from inside the system that give it a funny taste.

No one said it would give you drinking water.
But they did sat "just water".

Noone said "just water with impurities that mean it is hazardous to health", or did I miss that bit?

Like saying ICE exhaust is "just air".

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
But they did sat "just water".

Noone said "just water with impurities that mean it is hazardous to health", or did I miss that bit?

Like saying ICE exhaust is "just air".
I don't think it will kill you, just tastes unpleasant.

All water has a certain level of impurities in it, otherwise it would taste terrible.

I wouldn't lick the water that comes off your AC unit either. But that's just me.

·
2,613 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Reading the actual wording that only "self charging" hybrids can park there opens it up to Volt/Ampera owners as "Mountain Mode" fits that description although why anyone would wish to burn expensive petrol to charge their battery instead of using cheap electricity and advertise the fact is utterly beyond me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As EV charging spaces get ICE'd with a damn great Rapid at the end, it will be very interesting to see how they keep these available.

·
2,613 Posts
Reading the actual wording that only "self charging" hybrids can park there opens it up to Volt/Ampera owners as "Mountain Mode" fits that description although why anyone would wish to burn expensive petrol to charge their battery instead of using cheap electricity and advertise the fact is utterly beyond me! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As EV charging spaces get ICE'd with a damn great Rapid at the end, it will be very interesting to see how they keep these available.
All EVs are self-charging and can be powered by both the wind and the sun ;) That's a self-charging hybrid right?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts