Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have had my brand new 4+ for 3 weeks now and love it. Today I had the warning about low pressure in one of the tyres. I had a look and true enough there was a screw in the tyre. What is it about new tyres and screws!!

I put some air in and want to recheck the pressure to see how quickly it is going down but cannot find the setting to see. I have checked the manual and that wasnt very helpful.

Thank you 馃槉

Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
The manual is rubbish. So hard to find anything in it. It will be in there, somewhere, in pigeon English.
There is a button on the upper right side of the steering wheel. You repeatedly press it to toggle through the cluster screen functions. One of the screens shows the pressures. Note you have to have driven a short distance to activate the TPMS sensors. The relevant screen will tell you this if you鈥檙e not driving.
Bad luck on the puncture so soon. I hope the screw is not in the sidewall else new tyre will be required.
Peter.

Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
As you probably know, don't take the screw out. Once I managed to do 150miles with a screw in the tyre. But it wasn't fun, I was jumping at the slightest bump.

My suggestion take it to the garage and get it fixed as soon as you can! Good luck, hopefully you should be able to get if fixed, so no new tyre required.

Registered
The manual is the worst I鈥檝e had the misfortune to have with any car. I鈥檝e just been poring over it and can鈥檛 find anywhere a clear explanation of how to read the tyre pressures.
There鈥檚 a bit on page 5-50 which refers you to 7-107 or something, which sends you back to 5-50. Awful.

So far I鈥檝e had no luck at all in accessing tyre pressures. I鈥檒l try again tomo but, Prawlin, do you mean the button next to the cruise on/off?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, the manual is shocking, but thanks to Prawlin鈥檚 help I eventually found it. it fooled me because it is in the sub menu that shows the automatic cruise control spacing, if you go down from there you will find it.

Thanks Todor about the advice about not taking out the screw, I learnt the hard way many years ago 馃槀

Thankfully the car is a leased car with maintenance so all covered, it looks to be repairable too, they are coming on Wednesday so find out then.

Thanks for your help.

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.