Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the TPMS show a low pressure warning on one tyre ( orange blob on car graphic and light on dash) at around 30psi, but after pumping up, it shows the correct pressures (and these increase as tyres warm up), but it's still showing the low pressure warning despite the pressure now being 36 (psi).
I've tried disconnecting the 12V, no change.
Seems odd that this would not clear itself after pressure returns to normal.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
2,045 Posts
I've got the same behaviour on a loaner Niro 2. It thinks the front nearside tyre is low, despite indicating the same pressure as all the others. There seems no way to reset it. I've only driven it 300 miles though so maybe a bit further and it will start behaving ;)

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Premium SE in Galactic Grey
230 Posts
I had a similar issue on my previous car; Outlander PHEV. The message kept returning, no matter what. Then I got a puncture in another tyre and had to have it replaced. Mentioned the tyre pressure thing to him and he investigated it for me and it was the tyre pressure sensor that had moved. He reckoned the wheel had been slightly kerbed knocking the TPMS off. He sorted it for me, putting it back in the right place at the correct angle at no cost and it was all fine after that.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think it must be the car remembering it as it comes on as soon as started, tpms sensors only power up when they detect movement

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try a higher pressure like 40psi. That might help. If it goes away and you want to, lower the pressure afterwards.
yes, I was thinking it may have some internal hysteresis - confirmed searching Youtube which found a similar issue on another Hyundai TPMS - will try tomorrow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
yes, I was thinking it may have some internal hysteresis - confirmed searching Youtube which found a similar issue on another Hyundai TPMS - will try tomorrow.
Had the same problem - left front tyre low pressure warning.
Got out and checked pressure many times - each time it was okay.
The warning eventually stopped after a couple of days of short journeys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts