Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there.
I have a leasing on a ZE50 for 3 years but will accuire the winter tires myself.
Are the TPMS sensor needed or how will the car react without the sensor? Can I still drive with any problems?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,928 Posts
If it is like the LEAF then you get a yellow tyre warning message on the dash but the car drives normally. Obviously you don't get the safety feature and it would be an MOT failure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is like the LEAF then you get a yellow tyre warning message on the dash but the car drives normally. Obviously you don't get the safety feature and it would be an MOT failure.
I'm based in Sweden, so TPMS are not required by law. And finding tiers with them are harder then without

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,928 Posts
UK law is clearly different, as although TPMS are not required if the system is fitted the law requires it to work.
A set of pattern TPMS costs about £80 so personally I'd fit them, but it's your choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UK law is clearly different, as although TPMS are not required if the system is fitted the law requires it to work.
A set of pattern TPMS costs about £80 so personally I'd fit them, but it's your choice.
Yeah seems to be a difference in price as well. Price seems to be 200-300£ for fitting them in all 4

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,928 Posts
I have responsibility for 3 LEAFs from 2014-2016, all are happy with multiple sets of tyres, in one case 4 sets without needing reprogramming. LEAFSpy has a reprogramming feature that I've never used and there are posts claiming it's required, but not in my experience.

But I've no experience of Zoë's. I'd suggest that you ask @yoh-there .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts