Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm collecting my Model 3 on Wednesday and I'm insured with Admiral as they provided me the cheapest quote. Like all other insurance companies, they asked me whether my car has a tracker. I said yes as we can easily track the car from the app. But I'm not sure if this counts? Do insurance companies require a certain manufacturer. such as Thatcham? Or do they accept the built in hardware of the model 3? Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You need to ask of double check the question they asked.

if they asked for a Thatcham approved tracker the Tesla doesn’t qualify, as they are more than just a tracker with monitoring call centres and connections with the police. If your car is stolen and they can’t get hold of you to confirm it’s a false alarm they automatically deal with the police etc. Tesla don’t do that

if they just ask for a tracker with no qualification to what that means you can say yes.

A number of companies like LV still accept the Tesla one despite asking for the thatcham spec, but I would (and I did) use the web chat thing and asked them the question and grabbed a screen shot. It’s worth collecting the evidence of approval if they give it to be safe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts