Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since many rapid charger designs are so tall that they count as a building in their own right, and require planning permission in the UK (Chargemaster 'Ultrachargers' are the exception here), it's interesting to trawl planning applications to find mention of electric vehicle charging

So, since we all know how bad the charging infrastructure in Wales is, I thought you'd like to see

http://planning.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00331576.pdf

Which
  1. Shows that Instavolt are interested in installing a single rapid charger near Milford Haven.
  2. Shows that it is a 'scaled down' application, and that someone in the Welsh Government had previously had reservations about a larger installation on the ground that it might affect the ability of the filling station to serve fossil fuelled vehicles.
  3. Other documents show that installation on filling station forecourts may need input from pollution control departments, because the groundworks might disturb old fossil fuel infrastructure.
  4. Instavolt have been putting in planning applications for the Express 250 model chargers, but still seem to be installing Veefil Tritium units.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Since many rapid charger designs are so tall that they count as a building in their own right, and require planning permission in the UK (Chargemaster 'Ultrachargers' are the exception here), it's interesting to trawl planning applications to find mention of electric vehicle charging

So, since we all know how bad the charging infrastructure in Wales is, I thought you'd like to see

http://planning.pembrokeshire.gov.uk/AnitePublicDocs/00331576.pdf

Which
  1. Shows that Instavolt are interested in installing a single rapid charger near Milford Haven.
  2. Shows that it is a 'scaled down' application, and that someone in the Welsh Government had previously had reservations about a larger installation on the ground that it might affect the ability of the filling station to serve fossil fuelled vehicles.
  3. Other documents show that installation on filling station forecourts may need input from pollution control departments, because the groundworks might disturb old fossil fuel infrastructure.
  4. Instavolt have been putting in planning applications for the Express 250 model chargers, but still seem to be installing Veefil Tritium units.
I notice that Instavolt have 2 planned for Bronllys, which would be a very handy location for me to get to The Bridge, if it was not DC only PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

1 - 2 of 2 Posts