Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know what error you would have if the traction battery wasn't fitted?

There is a couple of Zoe's in auctions and am thinking of bidding but they won't tell me if it's fitted or not they just say it's take a chance but i can see the dash and the 2 cars say different messages but no battery status.

So anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,904 Posts
There would be a lot of errors! I doubt you would miss them.

In any case, all the auctions I’ve seen the car is driven round. If it doesn’t drive they have an obligation to tell you.

Also, they normally make you sign any battery lease before you take it away.

·
Registered
MY15 Q210 and an MY18 R110
323 Posts
If they won't tell you then I'd take that as an indication it isn't there. Who in their right mind would not tell you if it was there as the value of the car they are trying to sell jumps up significantly. It is in their own interest to shout about it if the battery is present.

If you're looking on Copart, most (but not all) of those cars have the battery removed. Expect to see the big orange spanner warning light on but there can be a couple of different messages displayed on the dash. I look for the four red dashes at the top of the GOM and the red battery symbol.
To me this is a clear indication the battery has been removed.

The only one I can pull up at present is a bit of a strange one (as it's a Cat B it gets more interesting as well). Here there is no spanner icon, no battery icon and the Electric failure could be down to a comms issue so the car can't tell if the battery is there or not.
Ah...From another image I can see the 12v battery is disconnected, so it would seem that they must have just plonked the negative battery connector on to get the car to power up at all, a low 12v battery would add to the confusion but also shouldn't give this error. All very confusing.
If this is the one you are asking about then I would guess the battery is gone but annoyingly you'd need to go and get under the car if the seller is being a numpty about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes looking on copart there is 2 on there. Was looking at the 2018 as that will be 40kw battery and was thinking of taking that battery and putting it in my wife's, in theory was hoping the battery was written off by insurance and paid out so therefore no lease on it.

I rang copart and they said they can't tell me if it's there or not or if it's under a lease or not, it was really bizarre they wouldn't help.

So it looks like I'll not take a punt then as doesn't seem worth it if there is no way to tell, the ride height of the cars does look a little high as well so was thinking that was also a giveaway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts