Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone found any adjustments to the traction control settings?
The manual says 'Depending on equipment level, adjustments can be made to the vehicle settings for Electronic Stability Control and Traction control system' but it doesn't elaborate further.
As I know I haven't explored the system as thoughly as some people I'm hoping I have missed something and there is a setting to reduce it's sensitivity.

·
Registered
529 Posts
There are no settings for it on the 1st at least. I think the only model that may have any settings like that may be the Max at the moment.

You have to push the car very hard to get it to lose traction though. The only time I've had it kick in at all so far is on my gravel drive or once in the wet when pulling out of a junction on a hill. In the e-Golf it was far too easy to spin the front wheels!

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
188 Posts
There was a you tube video kicking around with a couple of guys having fun drifting in the snow as far as I recall they pulled one of the fuse to disable traction control. Might be Ok for desperate situations but not for ruse by your regular Joe.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, didn't want to switch it off entirely.
In the BMW I had way back when switching the traction control 'off' it reduced how often it cut in our how much it reduced the power and was much better on the occasions I wanted to use the loud pedal more than normal.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,739 Posts
Yea, didn't want to switch it off entirely.
In the BMW I had way back when switching the traction control 'off' it reduced how often it cut in our how much it reduced the power and was much better on the occasions I wanted to use the loud pedal more than normal.
So, an 1800kg rear wheel drive car with 204hp and 310Nm torque, and you want mess with the traction control? ;)

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,906 Posts
I think if it needs anything, it needs a snow mode. It was difficult to get off the line in the snow we had, broke traction very easily.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,906 Posts
I took the Golf with the cross climates on in the snow.
I thought the ID was OK but I didn't drive it the day we had enough snow to settle properly.
I had snow socks on mine, and even with that traction anything slightly uphill was a challenge to get going again if you had to stop. It has so much torque, I felt it needed a way of dialing it down.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, an 1800kg rear wheel drive car with 204hp and 310Nm torque, and you want mess with the traction control? ;)
The manual mentions it being adjustable, so yes I'd like it if it didn't reduce the power as much as it does if that was an option.

It's much more balanced than I remember the rear wheel drive 3ltr BMW being and that had an off button that reduced the effect of the traction control.
It still didn't allow the tyres to spin up and wasn't uncontrollable but it reduced the power enough but not too much.

I can't be the only one who has made use of the traction control, and would like it if it didn't drop the power right down when it senses the slightest loss of grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts