Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having traction issues?

Even on damp (not really wet) roads, I seem to spin the wheels quite easily. Parking on my usual slightly grassy/ muddy verge to go for a run, I had some issues getting moving. Same sort of place that I've parked half a dozen other cars without issue.

I don't think of myself as having a particularly heavy right foot.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Eco tyres with rubbish wet grip ?

Had the same on my Leaf 30 on the original Dunlop Eco tyres. Wet ground meant wheelspin away from the traffic lights unless I feathered the accelerator. (And they had plenty of tread left) I have CrossClimate+ on the car now and can't get it to spin even if I floor it from stationary with the front standing in a puddle! Night and day difference in wet grip between the different tyres. Ride is a bit harsher now though.

Let us know what kind of tyres are fitted and maybe others can comment on their merits or lack thereof.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're Michelin Primacy 4, supplied with the car, with plenty of tread on them. I can't imagine Onto would be keen on giving me a new set!

Do you notice any difference in efficiency?

Really not looking forward to snowy slush this winter - never really had a problem in winter before.

·
Premium Member
11,915 Posts
I like the performance increase from my ZE40 R90 to the ZE50 R135 but it does wheelspin more on damp roads, especially if any lock is applied.

I was pleased they moved away from Eco tyres and the Michelin did well in AE test this year.

Reactions: mad_rich

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
100% torque from a standing start, and a TCS built for the torque curve of an ICE. Only Tesla seems to have got EV power delivery right so far.

Reactions: mad_rich and ohit1

·
Registered
Ioniq 5
24,296 Posts
Anyone else having traction issues?

Even on damp (not really wet) roads, I seem to spin the wheels quite easily. Parking on my usual slightly grassy/ muddy verge to go for a run, I had some issues getting moving. Same sort of place that I've parked half a dozen other cars without issue.

I don't think of myself as having a particularly heavy right foot.
There’s a lot of torque in the motor and the traction control response isn’t that great.

You need to learn to modulate the go pedal. ;)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yup, my R110 was the same, slightest amount of damp and wheels not completely straight and the wheels would spin so easily.

Didn't have too much trouble in mud & grass though. Went to Alton Towers fireworks display last year, had to park on a very wet & muddy field. Walking back to the car and there were plenty of people getting stuck in their SUVs and having to get pulled out, but with a bit of careful driving we were able to drive straight out

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have noticed this in my ze40 with some brand new Pirelli’s. Easily avoided by not going lead-foot onto the pedal 😎

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
832 Posts
have you guys got the 'eco' button pressed down by the gearshifter? - think I heard if it on it cuts out the ASR - or have I got that round the wrong way that if you have it turned off it cuts down the anti slip regualation? - try it both ways , but indeed I think I did read that the eco button has some effect on ASR/ESP/ESC/Traction control

·
Registered
149 Posts
have you guys got the 'eco' button pressed down by the gearshifter? - think I heard if it on it cuts out the ASR - or have I got that round the wrong way that if you have it turned off it cuts down the anti slip regualation? - try it both ways , but indeed I think I did read that the eco button has some effect on ASR/ESP/ESC/Traction control
I think you’d struggle to make the Zoe move quick enough to make the wheels spin with Eco mode enabled 😅

1 - 10 of 10 Posts