Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in hearing if anyone has any feedback on trying to trade-in a Tesla (or another EV) for an i-Pace.

I really like the look of the i-Pace (although I have yet to sit in one) and would definitely consider it as a next car after our Model S but am a bit curious how Jaguar would treat it as a trade-in.

I think the interior design, fit and finish would be a really big improvement over our car, and its cheaper! The only thing that really puts me off is the lack of any decent charging network (sorry to be a bore about this)

Anyway if you trade in your Tesla for an i-Pace I would be really interested to hear about the experience.

Cheers big ears!

J

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
I’m also tempted, but I don’t imagine I’d get a good deal on the trade in with the Tesla.

I’d probably take the long route with a private sale.

·
Banned
4,591 Posts
Your get rubbish trade in everywhere, if you have a X prices are actually really strong.

Some one recently on the Tesla FaceBook group enquired about private sale price of a 4 months old 6 seater 75D X. One of the well established dealers commented on how they just shifted x3 Xs, and were low on stock, they suggested an advertised price of £79k. Given our 6 seater 75D X in effect cost me £75k thats pretty impressive:).

Have to say at that kind of residuals am tempted. Especially as the cash could be used on a lovely used Roadster for £55k thats just appeared. But than I remeber all the life commitments I have, like a kid, wife, family etc....

·
Banned
4,591 Posts
Definitely the smart move, but selling second hand car is so much trauma, especially a performance car .... nightmare
I would use the chap below, his prices are pretty realistic and the cars shift, not sure what his cut is but your have a hassel free experience.

If your going to go for trade in expect WBAC prices, which you might be happy with depending on budget for the sake of convince.

R Symons Ltd

·
9,719 Posts
Dealers struggle to price Tesla's, I know at least one person who had trouble with a PX and instead went for a private sale, due to not being able to get a realistic value (and Tesla themselves refusing to price it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts