Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realised whilst sitting at my PC that I haven't heard any traffic announcements in my E-Niro for a while. I'm pretty sure it was showing the TA symbol at the top of the screen recently. But I don't recall seeing anything in the dozens of menus (I get lost) making any reference to Traffic Announcements. Anyone able to offer any pointers?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
980 Posts
Off the top of my head I think it is in the menu in the radio screen. I never use this so have never bothered to look into it, but afaik that's where to look.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can confirm there is a TA box to tick within Set Up > Radio menu. I assume you currently have this unticked. Alternatively, you may also need a to be using a selected route in satnav to hear TAs, but as I have mine unticked, I can't confirm this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes there is a box to tick on the nav settings somewhere (sorry not sat in the car to remind myself) but I still find it hit and miss.
I have it on but only get announcements when listening to certain stations (with or without the 'local' sub-setting selected whatever that is for). Works from a range of stations when I'm listening to BBC R2 but not when I am listening to a regional local station (DAB or FM). But I know from another car that this works on the other local station.

Tick the setting but don't expect 100% responsiveness!

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I listen to music on a USB stick most of the time, but I'm sure i used to hear announcements. I'll go and have a ferret about in the morning

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well checked and the TA setting is ticked, so a mystery as to why I'm not hearing Announcements, I'm wondering if this is as a result of the latest update that was done at the annual service back in July. Perhaps it's now only whilst listening to the radio, something I rarely do.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
409 Posts
I have the latest software in the car and very rarely listen to the radio, but I still get the travel announcements.
I seem to remember somebody saying that the radio had to be tuned to a FM station, not a DAB station, for the TA to work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts