Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So although this will sound unbelievable, because of Lockdown, I have not actually driven my Tesla M3 at night since I bought it in October 2020!

I have EAP (but not FSD) but I have the FSD Visualisation setting set to ON so I have gotten used to the screen showing red and green traffic lights during the daytime (but not amber for some reason?).

Last night, I had to go out at night for the first time since last year, and I noticed that although the screen still picked up the traffic lights, none of them had any red or green colours like they do in the daytime.

I tried it again today in the daylight and, lo and behold, the traffic light colours are back.

So I was wondering whether the traffic light visualisation just doesn't show the colours of the traffic lights at night unless you have the FSD package, obviously, because then it presumably recognises and responds to the colours by automatically stopping etc.?

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,612 Posts
I can't say yet, I have FSD but have not been out at night since the update to show the traffic lights. I've only driven it for 1 mile since 02/01/2021, that was to the post office because of the torrential rain we had on Tuesday.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't say yet, I have FSD but have not been out at night since the update to show the traffic lights. I've only driven it for 1 mile since 02/01/2021, that was to the post office because of the torrential rain we had on Tuesday.
Your FSD system should work day or night, I imagine? It needs to be able to respond to red lights at any time.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,612 Posts
I think my wee town has 6 sets of lights, all pelican crossings, and the chances of needing to stop at any of them are kind of slim but I will keep my eyes open next time I am allowed out in the dark.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Tesla fairy has obviously been hard at work since last night. Tonight, I went for a short night drive and the traffic light icons are now showing up with red and green icons and even amber (when changing from green to amber - not red and amber, exactly as one of the earlier posters mentioned). Why it wasn't working last night will remain a mystery!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts