Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had above undertaken at Dealer. Cost £220 receipt showed itemised parts which included 3 plugs/washers and a filter. We have discussed here before that the filter is not changed and when confronted they admitted this but would not change the cost. What is Audi playing at? Has anyone else had this done ?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was quite surprised no one responded to this post. I argued with Audi uk who firstly told the dealer the filter should have been changed but then changed their mind. The dealer admitted that it was misleading to include all those parts on the invoice (e-tron specific parts) and then not change them. Even the technichian said the parts were given to him but he sent them back to stores because he did not have the onscreen guide for changing the filter. This is yet another Audi mess and I seem to be alone in this forum discussing it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve just had the 40k gearbox oil replacement i have to admit I didn’t look at the invoice what part number should of been replaced ? I will look and see what they invoiced for ...

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I was quite surprised no one responded to this post. I argued with Audi uk who firstly told the dealer the filter should have been changed but then changed their mind. The dealer admitted that it was misleading to include all those parts on the invoice (e-tron specific parts) and then not change them. Even the technichian said the parts were given to him but he sent them back to stores because he did not have the onscreen guide for changing the filter. This is yet another Audi mess and I seem to be alone in this forum discussing it.
Any update on this?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Audi uk said dealers are responsible for what servicing is done. I know thats rubbish so contacted audi Germany who refused to enter the discussion. So I returned my car and bought a Tesla Model 3 Performance.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Audi uk said dealers are responsible for what servicing is done. I know thats rubbish so contacted audi Germany who refused to enter the discussion. So I returned my car and bought a Tesla Model 3 Performance.
Seems a good outcome.😁

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just had above undertaken at Dealer. Cost £220 receipt showed itemised parts which included 3 plugs/washers and a filter. We have discussed here before that the filter is not changed and when confronted they admitted this but would not change the cost. What is Audi playing at? Has anyone else had this done ?
i might as well jump in here and fire this discussion of again. I have a 2015 audi a3 e-tron. it seems as though audi's own employees dont know anything about the gearbox filter. from my understanding the filter is deep in the box and can not be replaced without fully stripping the box. the reason they include the filter in the parts list is because audi trys to do a fixed price service. so being it gear oil only or oil and filter and washers the price is always fixed.

i had enough of them on my first gear change in 2018 so now i have the part numbers i get my local Friendly mechanic to give me a quote for the gear oil change with part numbers from the first service and audi price match it for me usually with no issues. i have done this 3 times and its worked fine. my local chap deal with work on the other cars in the family so he doesnt mind. and if audi refuse he will gladly do the work for me.

Audi really need to fixup with this.

anyhow good luck on your next service i am going to sell my e-tron before the next one is due and hopefully try and get my self in to a model 3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts