Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the annual reminder that TfL want a £10 admin charge to make sure I've not fitted a V8 engine in my Leaf.

So, went online and it got a bit confused, that congestion charge is to be payable.

I phoned them up and they said that it's wrong, and that full electric vehicles can still be 100% discounted from the London Congestion Charge for the next few years, subject to their £10/year admin fee.

I don't drive into Central London much, but I've kept a call recording of my discussion for quality control and training purposes in case it crops up.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,421 Posts
This is part of their ongoing stupidity - their system doesn't decide on whether to charge the CC based on the vehicle type data from the DVLC (which it could and they do for the ULEZ), but instead they have a system that diverts charge events away from the accounts of registered users which they then charge you £10/year for the privilege for. Typical big blue intransigence.

Reactions: EdH

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,518 Posts
Their site is very confusing and you just get nonsensical responses from the staff when you phone up to question the confusing wording on their site. And @ the OP, I can't get my phone to record conversations for quality control and training purposes. Can you give some pointers re the best way to do this

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,555 Posts
I just checked, the CC showing same as yours even though I have the discount.

From that page, you need to click into CVD discount vehicle history. It then shows your records, the top one should be your current "discount" without an end date. But we know it's only valid for 1 year.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Their site is very confusing and you just get nonsensical responses from the staff when you phone up to question the confusing wording on their site. And @ the OP, I can't get my phone to record conversations for quality control and training purposes. Can you give some pointers re the best way to do this
I use Andrews & Arnold's SIP service for this. It's not free, but a small monthly fee plus call charges. Takes a bit of setting up, but you can configure it so that at the end of the phone calls you get emailed a stereo recording. I only tend to use it for calls that I know will be worth recording.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I found the same thing when checking if my CC exemption was still valid - ended up having to find the old confirmation email as it just wasn't clear from the TFL website - total mess.
A while ago I actually got a ULEZ PCN that actually had "EV" written on it due to them not handling transferred personal plates properly, and had to actually email them a copy of the V5 to cancel it when they could have just looked it up on DVLA Total bunch of muppets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.