Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking I have not wined or dined my leaf 30 of late, and want to show him some love.

Anyone got any worthwhile upgrades or accessories they could recommend???

Just treated him to a new Yuasa 12v as had a few error codes, any other suggestions?

Reactions: arkranium

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wait until this blo$$dy awful weather dissipates then give it a super spring clean and spray the interior with Turtle Wax deodoriser. The wind/rain deflectors are a great addition for not too many sovs.

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait until this blo$$dy awful weather dissipates then give it a super spring clean and spray the interior with Turtle Wax deodoriser. The wind/rain deflectors are a great addition for not too many sovs. View attachment 140129
I considered them barfly, but Im just not sure if I like the look?

Do they do much as I tend to drive with window open a crack to stop fogging rather than use desist

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,932 Posts
They are great for helping ventilation with the window slightly open, whilst reducing the noise and buffeting.
rather than use desist
You've not got another court order, have you? :eek: ;)

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are great for helping ventilation with the window slightly open, whilst reducing the noise and buffeting.

Demist!!!!!

LoL

Apple spell correct is REALLY awful lately!!!!

Reactions: Zzb

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Its OK now, all those electricians and gas men under my stairs said they drop the charges if I let them out for Christmas!

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,932 Posts
Its OK now, all those electricians and gas men under my stairs said they drop the charges if I let them out for Christmas!
You are keeping them for another 11 months? They'll be worn out long before then, although I suppose that as a medic you could just say that you were keeping them in isolation for their own safety. The drugs and restraints are no real difference from intubation.
Back to topic, I'm thinking of copying @Barfly and upgrading Leafy's main beam headlights but can't decide between led bulbs and a led light bar like @Dalathegreat

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhhh interesting light bar! Although it does ruin the aesthetics a little to my mind.

I never know what's LED or not on my 30KW, I thoughts the main lights were LED but the DRL's were not? I wonder how much power a normal bulb eats, does it make a difference to the battery ?

In other news..... does anyone know how I cn anchor my rucksack containing my leads in the boot? I tried self adhesive velcro but it keeps peeling off the leaf boot.

I need some king or anchor device to screw into the plastic trim in the boot. Would a self tapping screw do?

·
Registered
559 Posts
John- On the left side of the boot there's a plastic hook. At the bottom there's a metal spigot. The Nissan bag attaches to that and sits vertically against the wheel arch.
The led DRL's I have in my Leaf draw virtually nothing, the original filaments were probably about 10watts each.
I like the look of the deflectors, give it that sort of retro wartime look when most cars had them. They are great for ventilation when it's raining and you don't get the rain in the vehicle when the window is open a crack.

Let the poor sods out from their dungeon, I could do with some work on my btl this month......

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,932 Posts
On the left side of the boot there's a plastic hook
It's on the right on my car looking forwards - the off-side.
I never know what's LED or not on my 30KW, I thoughts the main lights were LED but the DRL's were not? I wonder how much power a normal bulb eats, does it make a difference to the battery ?
The dipped beam is LED but the main beam are conventional halogen bulbs. It's not so much the power usage but the different colour and relative lack of output that makes me want to change them, but as the days get lighter the need reduces.
I added some Nissan LEAF Illuminated Entry Guards.
Nice. But did @Barfly ever find a solution to stopping the lovely Mrs B stepping in puddles when she gets out?

·
Registered
559 Posts
John- These are the DRL's DRLs.jpg

and these are the main beams: main-beam.jpg
and the wind deflectors: wind_deflectors.jpg

This is the OBD2 extension I have: obd2_extension.jpg

and this id the OBD2: OBD2Panalong.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
It's on the right on my car looking forwards - the off-side.

The dipped beam is LED but the main beam are conventional halogen bulbs. It's not so much the power usage but the different colour and relative lack of output that makes me want to change them, but as the days get lighter the need reduces.

Nice. But did @Barfly ever find a solution to stopping the lovely Mrs B stepping in puddles when she gets out?
Dear oh dear what a wally doesn't know his left from his right! Of course you are correct @dk6780 silly me.... It's the driver's side. On the left is the little cubbyhole for the tyre gunk.

No, I have yet to solve the puddle light problem. Until then I have to ensure I am very careful where I stop the car when the lovely Jane is on board.....

Reactions: dk6780

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I recently purchased our LEAF I was keen to add something to the car. I added some Nissan LEAF Illuminated Entry Guards. They look very nice and this time of year they are very noticeably. I got mine from Germany for a good price, and took me about an hour to install.

View attachment 140143

I've notice that there are some available on ebay.
Oooo that's an upgrade! I just bought a used Leaf 30 2017 Tekna and it has the black plastic entry guards. Can I ask if it's more plug and play or is there any peeling back of the interior trim to install these? I assume the two rear doors just stick on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
John- These are the DRL's View attachment 140144

and these are the main beams: View attachment 140145
and the wind deflectors: View attachment 140146

This is the OBD2 extension I have: View attachment 140148

and this id the OBD2: View attachment 140149
Are those LED main beam replacements throwing out as much light as the stock yellow bulbs? I did notice last night on my Leaf, the dipped lights were about 9300K LED white and my main beam turns 5500K yellow, which was kind of odd. Also my fog light DRL are yellow too.

Are the fog or main beams hard to DIY change?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,932 Posts
Are those LED main beam replacements throwing out as much light as the stock yellow bulbs? I did notice last night on my Leaf, the dipped lights were about 9300K LED white and my main beam turns 5500K yellow, which was kind of odd. Also my fog light DRL are yellow too.

Are the fog or main beams hard to DIY change?
Main beams are fiddly but relatively easy, fog lights require removal of the front undertray bolts to gain access so are more of a pain but still less than 30 minutes work. I'd like to think that the main beams make more of a functional difference whereas the DRLs are just to make the car look better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Oooo that's an upgrade! I just bought a used Leaf 30 2017 Tekna and it has the black plastic entry guards. Can I ask if it's more plug and play or is there any peeling back of the interior trim to install these? I assume the two rear doors just stick on?
You have to remove the both front inner sill trims, the trims extending from the sill to under the dash, and the drivers side A pillar trim. Behind the A pillar trim there is a connector which you unplug and connect the supplied wiring loom inline with. Both the front and rear guards are stuck in place. One side of the new loom has to run behind/beneath the dash.

I looked into having them installed at a local dealer, but they wanted and 1.5 hours labour (£150), so thought I'd have a go at removing a few bits of trim, within the hour they were fitted.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
1 - 20 of 61 Posts