Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do Tesla provide a means of planning trips at the desktop before setting out? I imagine I could do it in the car using the sat nav, but I would rather do it at my desk, so I can choose alternative destinations. Just need route planning with charge points shown, esp Tesla's own.

If Tesla do not provide it, is there a recommended approach such as Zap Map that people have found helpful?

Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Tesla do have an on-line trip planner, but it's a bit limited in that it only covers Tesla superchargers: Go Anywhere | Tesla

I use ABetterRoutePlanner: A Better Routeplanner
This lets you fine tune your car and settings such as starting battery % and how much % you want left at the end, speeds and weight of luggage/occupants, etc. You can prioritise certain charging networks and fine tune many settings, it's a powerful tool. I've personally never tested it's integration with your Tesla account (I regard this as being too sensitive to give out), or any premium features, but as a way of working out realistic ways of getting from A to B then it's very helpful.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd reccommend ABRP as well, Its relatively accurate and will allow you to plan the fastest route A to B with the minimum amount of charging and will also allow you to say if you wanted to stop an hour rather than the recommended 20 minutes etc. Its very tuneable with temperature, road conditions and others like Bruce says above and if you integrate it to you Tesla logon you can send the initial stop to your Tesla so its ready for you when you get in first thing. If you do that it also has your average wh/mi and so can work useage out more accurately.. but this can also be overridden if you need to. Its free as well. There is a premium version which gives access to current weather etc. but I haven't had the need to use it as the basic is very good.

·
EGGY
1,560 Posts
Waypoints, coming ........ ?

Reactions: Exlatccatsa
1 - 5 of 5 Posts