Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst travelling across the M42 using the Zap-Map app started getting giant images of charging points! And showing details for charging points switching from Scotland/Norfolk/Essex then back to near the M42!!

Then tried PlugShare this was working ok then my position was lost on the map!

And the same with WattsUp !

has anyone else had these issues? Vehicle Gadget Automotive design Output device Motor vehicle

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Whilst travelling across the M42 using the Zap-Map app started getting giant images of charging points! And showing details for charging points switching from Scotland/Norfolk/Essex then back to near the M42!!

Then tried PlugShare this was working ok then my position was lost on the map!

And the same with WattsUp !

has anyone else had these issues? View attachment 161738
On Apple CarPlay?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had dropouts while using Android Auto to run ABRP. I was connected to the car via a cable. I experimented & discovered the Wifi connection was not reliable by itself and the cable dropped out if both were on. I turned off the phone Wifi and connected via cable & all was well.
Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had dropouts while using Android Auto to run ABRP. I was connected to the car via a cable. I experimented & discovered the Wifi connection was not reliable by itself and the cable dropped out if both were on. I turned off the phone Wifi and connected via cable & all was well.
Cheers
Is that in an id3 if it is where did you connect the phone to?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, an ID.3, I use a USB-C cable from my Samsung Galaxy S10e to one on the USB-C sockets under the sliding cover of the centre unit.
Cheers
Yes conected with cable seemed better but all the apps I’ve tried {Zap-map WattsUp PlugShare } the position of the car on the map doesn’t stay in the centre! I have to keep refreshing it.my IPhone is switched to on with location alerts!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't comment on Carplay as I do not use Apple phones, nor do I have a ZapMap subscription that will allow me to see it on the Android Auto but I can tell you how to do this on ABRP. The settings are in the display on your infotainment screen and relate to the view you set, in ABRP you get the destination, 3D or total trip displays with the car being positioned in different places. Only 3D gets you head up with the map rotating as you change direction. I assume there will be something similar in the Car Play Zap-Map.
I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts