·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's on Netflix. I used to work with the lead designer from one of the teams but I hadn't realised he'd gone there so it was a bit of a surprise when he popped up in the film.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I've never really been into bikes heavily, not of the powered variety anyway, as I have a sensible fear of death tied to a tendency to be reckless... motorbikes I can see well ahead which would win!

I have to have a passing interest because my Grandparents used to work with and run motorbikes in London (it's how they met) and they were so into them they honeymooned at the Isle of Man TT... So it seems motorised obsession runs in the family and it must have caught on a bit!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I think most blokes have considered a motorbike at some point in their lives. I had one when I was a teenager but it was only 125cc (and bought for me by my Dad primarily to help me learn about engines by stripping/rebuilding) but since then I've never quite managed to be brave enough to get a proper bike.

If I was to get one nowadays I'd probably get something tame like the electric C-Evolution. That looks fun !

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Late to this thread.

The missus bought me 'closer to the edge' on Blu-ray for christmas, and we watched Saturday night. It's mightily impressive, but just now I watched the charge movie (it's an extra feature) and I was fascinated.

Those Mugen machines look incredible, and are rumoured to have >15 kWh on board, which is pretty staggering. If I was very rich, I'd have to have one of those.

·
Conflicted Ecoworrier/Petrolhead
3,225 Posts
One think coming from a biking back ground gives you is not worrying about short tank ranges. I once did John O'Groats to Lands end on a Suzuki SV650. Rangev was about 140 miles. A bit frustrating for co riders who had Triumph sprint ST and Honda VFR800. Both with getting on for 200 miles range. we didn't have zapmap, but did know you cod drive till the reverse comes on and before you run out will come across a petrol station.

Isn't it silly in 2015 you can't just plug into the grid anywhere In an EV. Quite fancy having a go at an EV bike build as a precursor to a car build.

·
EV Biker
200 Posts
Pike's Peak hill climb is usually worth paying attention too as well, as a number of EV bikes make that run including Zero's.

·
EV Biker
200 Posts
It'd have been even *more* impressive if McPint had not forgotten to switch his bike out of "eco" mode for the first sector... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts