Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have an ID.4 on order.
It is our understanding that each ID.4 has its own internet connection, through the nearest cell phone tower, and that this connection is used to send data about every aspect of your car to VW and Car-net (location, speed, you name it).
What happens to that personal data after that is not known.
We are trying to figure out, is there a way to turn off that internet connection whenever we want?
Thanks.
Mac

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
470 Posts
We have an ID.4 on order.
It is our understanding that each ID.4 has its own internet connection, through the nearest cell phone tower, and that this connection is used to send data about every aspect of your car to VW and Car-net (location, speed, you name it).
What happens to that personal data after that is not known.
We are trying to figure out, is there a way to turn off that internet connection whenever we want?
Thanks.
Mac
I know when I turn mine on there is an "Offline Mode" button to press. I've never tried it, because Google/Amazon/The Government already know literally everything there is to know about me anyway, but it is there. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you start the car it's on the splash screen. Otherwise go to the setting menu and turn it off there.
I don't have my ID.4 yet, so I cannot play with the settings menu, so I cannot find this.

I test drove one the other day, and the saleperson had no clue about turning off the car's internet connection.
Mac

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have my ID.4 yet, so I cannot play with the settings menu, so I cannot find this.

I test drove one the other day, and the saleperson had no clue about turning off the car's internet connection.
Mac
Just to be clear, we are not talking about the wifi connection from iphone to car, or bluetooth. Just the car's very own internet connection to car-net and vw.
Thanks.

·
Registered
ID.4 1st, Leaf 2016 30kW SVE
36 Posts
Yep all in the setting menu. Scroll on the main screen to the view with the large icons and then scroll down to the setting icon.
You can see an offline mode for the car there as well as all the connections the car has with other devices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scroll on the main screen to the view with the large icons and then scroll down to the setting icon.
You can see an offline mode for the car there as well as all the connections the car has with other devices.
Would it be possible to see a photo of that?
I ask because the local vw dealer (an hour away from us) is clueless, and I would like to share a "proof" photo with him, so he can go to his demo id 4, and try it out.
Thanks.
Mac

·
Registered
ID.4 1st, Leaf 2016 30kW SVE
36 Posts
That's the latest software 2.1 on a RHD European car, US versions should be exactly the same.
The car should be delivered to you with 2.1 , ask the dealer to check what version it's currently on - hopefully they know how to do that !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts