Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to the boot on my Ampera and I noticed that when the boot is shut, it appears to be twisted.
IMG_20210305_170647.jpg
IMG_20210305_170655.jpg

As you can see the gap is greater on the right hand side than it is on the left. I've also noticed that the boot lid is rubbing on the bumper. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the boot lid? Even if it's only a couple of millimetres, just to stop it rubbing.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
Electron Summit White NK13...107k 91.5 and rising
153 Posts
There are a couple of bump stops hanging inside on the tailgate which have a habit of falling off. Suggest you check that those are both there first.

If you need a replacement then ones for Range Rover Sport Disco 3/4 Freelander2 CFM500010 will fit. Get them off ebay for a fiver a pair.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They all seem to be there. Just noticed the the 'catch' for the boot isn't completely central. I wonder if this would make a difference if I moved it over slightly.
IMG_20210305_173549.jpg

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
It's definitely shifted left isn't it - you can see from the taillamp units. Just tried pushing mine but it doesn't give that much - hardly at all. My catch is slightly to the right of centre if anything.
If it was the latch position pulling it over it would presumably centralise as soon as you lifted it up?

What is the alignment like at the front edge where it meets the roof?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When it's closed, it definitely looks like the gap is greater on the right than the left. It's like it just needs a small adjustment.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Sounds like you've got it then. A little shim under one of the hinges should do it. Doesn't answer the question why though. Has it ever been in an accident?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not aware of it being in any major accidents. There are a couple of dinks and scrapes on it. Nothing major.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Weren’t the boot struts on a recall at some point ? If one was weaker and the other ok could it cause this type of movement over time ?

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I thought about adjusting those. Gotta find out how to get to them now.
Be careful - you'll need a friend. It looks very heavy.

You'll probably need to adjust the latch once the door is square. The trim panel comes off quite easily if you slip the rubber seal back and lever it off where the blue clips are located. There are separate little covers that you can lever off the luggage retaining tabs. Here is a pic of mine which just happens to be off at the mo' as I'm fiddling with trailerboard lights (for a cycle rack before everyone tells me its not approved for towing o_O )

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've not looked at it and I'm sure it will be obvious if I do but for me I'd have been looking at the bit on the car not the lid for the striker.

But I'm so impressed with this forum, never fails to deliver!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts