Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As @Kevin Sharpe said yesterday at the Malvern event, us users should be promoting our usage of chargers to support the businesses that made the decision to install. It WILL encourage other establishments to do so when they see their competitors getting social media attention. I always do so and I'd encourage everyone to do it...it takes seconds!

Further to that, we should use hashtags. Of course there is #I'vebeeniced but I can't see any others that are trending. I've been using #GoElectric. Unless anyone has any better suggestions, can we also use it so that it starts to trend?

Thanks all :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
#UKCharge is a popular one, and more than just tweeting, it will be favoriting & retweeting that has the most impact, if an establishment is mentioned in it.

It is these that means others are noticing, acknowledging and praising other than the initial beneficiary.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#UKCharge it is then. I'd started typing in form 'e...' and nothing was coming up.

If a mod wants to delete this thread because it's common knowledge, then fine ;)

Good to meet you yesterday Mark!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
#ukcharge was originally for the reporting of charging, both successful and not. I feel it is getting diluted now with posts that are not charging related and so reducing its usefulness.

It is difficult to get a tag accepted and used but IMO it would be good to have a tag we can all use that is not related to charging but which we can post our EV experiences.

I would suggest #DriveElectric or #DriveElectricUK

If we can get enough people using it from this forum then perhaps others might join in :)

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
yes we originally setup the #ukcharge to report on the status of charging stations, lets keep it for that, that way people who are looking to know when a charger was last confirmed working dont have to sift through other posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I agree...

How about we all start using #DriveElectricUK as a general tag for EVs and keep #ukcharge for charging related posts?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why does it matter about UK?

The shorter the better so we have more characters for our msg (especially if using a pic, which is normally a good idea - they get noticed in feeds more)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
It matters because most of the info posted from the UK will only relate to the UK.

Nothing stopping us using a generic, non-uk tag of #DriveElectric for worldwide interest :) In fact, why not just do that if you have info that is not UK specific?

PS In fact that is already being used for that very purpose!!!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
As @Kevin Sharpe said yesterday at the Malvern event, us users should be promoting our usage of chargers to support the businesses that made the decision to install. It WILL encourage other establishments to do so when they see their competitors getting social media attention. I always do so and I'd encourage everyone to do it...it takes seconds!

Further to that, we should use hashtags. Of course there is #I'vebeeniced but I can't see any others that are trending. I've been using #GoElectric. Unless anyone has any better suggestions, can we also use it so that it starts to trend?

Thanks all :D
Just a small comment on this:
#I'vebeeniced isn't a valid hashtag as you can't use punctuation, so it should be #ivebeeniced (there's also an account @ivebeeniced )

#i'vebeeniced would actually just become #i

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My bad...:oops:

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
420 Posts
#ukdriveelectric is a bit long... what's wrong with #EV? I tend to use that and #ukcharge One of the folks on here (plugincarguy) uses #GetLecky I thought that was quite cute...!

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
#EV is way too international. We need a UK tag. #UKEV is in use but we could hijack it I suppose :eek: :D

#SpeakEV is for this forum and so perhaps that should be kept just for that. :p :p

How about #UKDriveEV?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I consider them almost essential with so many posts from so many people.

Who is to say that we will all put the same word into all our posts so that they all appear on a search.

Without tags I find Twitter almost useless and with them I find it hugely helpful for following along with a single topic or event.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts