Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed Renault now sell Twizy battery owned. This got me thinking, if Renault are offering battery buy out on the Zoe, I wonder if they’ll do the same on the Twizy? I’m guessing a three year old Twizy would be more affordable for a summer toy for playing about in which would not get used much the rest of the year ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are a few in France to have obtained a price for a used Twizy battery.
For 2012 models, the price is 300€ vat excl. (cheap, right?)

You just have to pressure the rental company (in france : DIAC) into providing you with a purchase form and selling conditions.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is the 8 year old Twizy battery holding up? I heard the achillies heel is actually the 12V battery that has to be disconnected during long periods of storage time to stop it running down the main traction battery, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are right. The 12V lead-acid often bulges and dies and it is recommended to disconnect it for long term storage.
Its price is kinda crazy for such a tiny lead acid battery, around 150€ vat excl.

Regarding the main battery, from what I've seen a 2012 battery with 20 000 km is at roughly 90% SoH, 60% at 66 000 km.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Regarding the main battery, from what I've seen a 2012 battery with 20 000 km is at roughly 90% SoH, 60% at 66 000 km.
Ouch. Over how many years was the drop from 90% to 60% SoH or was the difference two different vehicles of the same age and assumed to be purely mileage related?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That I cannot say. Mine is 90%, the 60% is another owner that I've heard from.

This is anecdotal evidence, we would need statistics, but not many people know their batteries's SoH :-/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts