Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what a dealer told me today. I had popped in to see a used one, but total cost of ownership once you had factored in the battery lease cost made it pretty expensive for a 2 year old Twizy! So then I asked about a new one and he said they're not being made any more.

Shame if he's right, what a great little car (yes, I know it's a quadricycle).

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
Battery lease prices have always made Twizy expensive for what it is.

I've seen nothing about it being discontinued. Just as likely the dealer wanted to sell you what they had.

There is one on AutoTrader that claims to be battery owned.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Battery lease prices have always made Twizy expensive for what it is.

I've seen nothing about it being discontinued. Just as likely the dealer wanted to sell you what they had.

There is one on AutoTrader that claims to be battery owned.
Seen the one on Autotrader, technically second hand but 250 miles, I was tempted but it's a private seller and I would have to flatbed it home as it's 150 miles away. He's asking new RRP almost.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
354 Posts
Seen the one on Autotrader, technically second hand but 250 miles, I was tempted but it's a private seller and I would have to flatbed it home as it's 150 miles away. He's asking new RRP almost.
There is another one as well:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes the price of some second hand Twizys are a bit bonkers. It's still on the Renault UK website so it's still a current product. When I did make enquiries about the idea of buying a new one a while ago before my plans sort of changed, the dealership nearest to me said they'd need to take full payment up front before ordering it. Understand they come in on a slow boat from South Korea these days too.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
And people are still adamant that battery leases won’t crash the used Zoe market 😉

1 - 11 of 11 Posts