Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone ever had the problem of their Twizy only charging to 98% and then stopping.

Also what should the range show on at 98% as mine is showing 27 miles but I'm sure it used to be a lot more.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Hi,

Anyone ever had the problem of their Twizy only charging to 98% and then stopping.

Also what should the range show on at 98% as mine is showing 27 miles but I'm sure it used to be a lot more.

Regards,

Gary
Is your Twizzy throwing a bit of a Tizzy🤗
Try resetting the computers, might need 12v battery disconnected etc

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do you know if you have the earlier or later sort of charger fitted? I seem to remember reading on evowners forum that the earlier charger would sometimes behave like this. The later charger (that can cope with 253v we see in the UK at times) also has a different behaviour topping up the 12v battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if you have the earlier or later sort of charger fitted? I seem to remember reading on evowners forum that the earlier charger would sometimes behave like this. The later charger (that can cope with 253v we see in the UK at times) also has a different behaviour topping up the 12v battery.
Thanks for your reply.

Not sure which charger it is but it's a 2016 registered Twizy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tried disconnecting the 12v battery.
Hi All,

Left the Twizy on overnight and it's now showing 37miles available on a full charge.

What do your Twizy's show as available miles on a full charge?

Just want to make sure mine is back to normal as cannot remember what it should be.

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hi All,

Left the Twizy on overnight and it's now showing 37miles available on a full charge.

What do your Twizy's show as available miles on a full charge?

Just want to make sure mine is back to normal as cannot remember what it should be.

Thanks
As I said earlier on the Renault website it mentions 67 miles .. I don't know if they upgraded the battery or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Renault does state 67 miles but that has not ever been achievable or displayed on the dash.

Really would like to know what readings others have for the available mileage when their battery is at 100%.

What available miles does your Twizy show on a full charge Arthur?

Thanks

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Renault does state 67 miles but that has not ever been achievable or displayed on the dash.

Really would like to know what readings others have for the available mileage when their battery is at 100%.

What available miles does your Twizy show on a full charge Arthur?

Thanks
I love the little Twizy but want a practical option for me.. so went the Zoe route.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Regards,

Gary
Hello Gary,

I own an oscilloscope with a lithium ion battery, it has an integrated function named “battery refresh” which is a total drainage from the charge and then after a charge to 100%, for the oscilloscope takes 8 hrs to perform. Taking my thoughts to the Twizy I replicated the “battery refresh”, I drained all the charge, by the way the twizy limits its speed when the battery at zero level, getting back to the Twizy each cell has a different charging rate, same as for uncharging, being this said some cells empty sooner , the BMS manages the charge for the entire battery pack and regulate the already full cells do not overcharge, that is why the twiay stops charging below 100%. When the “battery refresh” is performed it allows the BMS to redistribute the energy in more balanced charge whole over. I hope I had the clarity to express myself

Saludos
Enrique

1 - 12 of 12 Posts