Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on here wanted one of my old cards, but didn't PM me with an address.

I'm happy to pop one in the post to whomever I deem a good cause. (Zoe owners first) :)

I have two, and can't think of a reason why I keep them when someone else could make use of them for the 22 kW AC posts kicking around...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Nice offer, Colin.

My mum's getting her first EV, a Zoe, next week. My father died last month and she finds their Niro hybrid too big and cumbersome. She's looking forward to going electric and I'm impressed that she's embracing the change in her late 70's. Would be useful for her to have one for the 22kW posts at Leicester Forest and Newport Pagnell services, if you think her a worthy enough cause?

Reactions: Mofo

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
995 Posts
I Live in the north where there aren't any of these posts, and no longer venture particlarly far from home in a Zoe anymore, leaving the long distance trips for an EV That can DC Rapid charge instead.

If it will help anyone, I am happy to offer mine too, especially since I discovered my Chargeplace Scotland RFID card worked on them anyways.

Just bear in mind if you are asking for my card and haven't used these 22kW Ecotricity posts before, if you thought their DBT Rapid chargers were unreliable, these are even older and see even less maintenance! Please never rely on them being both accessible and functional.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,164 Posts
Can't you still ask for the card there's more info below

If you’d like to use one of our few AC Medium chargers, however, you’ll always need a swipe card. We don’t have many of these slower chargers – just 16 around the country – but they’re free to use. The swipe cards are free too and you can apply for one using the registration form below.

Charging times vary depending on the make and model of your EV. Here’s where to find our slow EV charging pumps:
  • Forest Green Rovers, Nailsworth
  • Green Park, Reading
  • IKEA, Croydon
  • Charnock Richard, Northbound
  • Charnock Richard, Southbound
  • Leicester Forest, East Northbound
  • Leicester Forest, East Southbound
  • Membury, Eastbound
  • Membury, Westbound
  • Michaelwood, Northbound
  • Michaelwood, Southbound
  • Newport Pagnell, Northbound
  • Newport Pagnell, Southbound
  • Oxford, Waterstock

·
Registered
871 Posts
Can't you still ask for the card there's more info below

If you’d like to use one of our few AC Medium chargers, however, you’ll always need a swipe card. We don’t have many of these slower chargers – just 16 around the country – but they’re free to use. The swipe cards are free too and you can apply for one using the registration form below.

Charging times vary depending on the make and model of your EV. Here’s where to find our slow EV charging pumps:
  • Forest Green Rovers, Nailsworth
  • Green Park, Reading
  • IKEA, Croydon
  • Charnock Richard, Northbound
  • Charnock Richard, Southbound
  • Leicester Forest, East Northbound
  • Leicester Forest, East Southbound
  • Membury, Eastbound
  • Membury, Westbound
  • Michaelwood, Northbound
  • Michaelwood, Southbound
  • Newport Pagnell, Northbound
  • Newport Pagnell, Southbound
  • Oxford, Waterstock
I applied 5 times last year, but received nothing.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I applied 5 times last year, but received nothing.
I applied and got one...but then it didn't work - "card not recognised". So much for that.

Reactions: AdamLC

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,029 Posts
Mine used to work but doesn’t any longer. As I get a polar plus card included with my Zoe, I don’t need to use ecotricity any more.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I am with Ecotricity for electric only and signed up with them a few months back ( for Monthly billing )
I applied and got the Ecotricity charge card over 18 months ago just in case , but have not had the chance to use it yet.
I mainly use the Polar Plus card

Just sent a email to Ecotricity to see if you still need to apply for the Ecotricity charge card to use with there AC Medium chargers

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
995 Posts
Didn't someone post here recently that those 7kw Ecotricity chargers no longer need cards?
That's the plan, but they don't seem to be rolling out this change with any urgency despite stopping the RFID Cards quite some time ago.

Other than Greenwich IKEA, I don't think any other Ecotricity AC Posts are working without card authorisation yet.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Reply from Ecotricity today :

Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding a RFID card.

We are currently going through changes with our AC medium which means soon you will not require a RFID card to activate the sessions therefore we are no longer sending anymore out. Unfortunately, we don’t have a specific date for this change over to happen as we are currently going through the trial and error process.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused; in the meantime, we do recommend continuing to use our ‘’Electric Highway’’ app to get a charge session.

Best wishes
Ellie
Electric Highway Team

1 - 14 of 14 Posts