Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Rapid and 2 socket 7kW post in Dunstable, but only two parking spaces. Hard luck if a 3rd car pulls up, Could be a problem if 2 are using the 7kW as this locks out the Rapid.
One has to wonder at the installer who did this.

Note - doesn't really matter as the Rapid is a DBT and has been broken for a while, only the rapid AC part is working which is what the S pulling in used at 22kW. Nice Tesla btw.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,103 Posts
A rapid and AC post is the much mention holy grail on here, and you're complaining !

The last successful charge reported on Zap Map was in March. Reports in March and again in July 4 that Polar are aware of the problem.. Polar CS post to Zap Map on August 12 that they are trying to get parts.

People should think twice before inviting Chargemaster / BP to take over the Electric Highway.

·
Registered
950 Posts
The rapid was working in June. Most of the time the right hand parking spot is blocked by a plugged in but not charging car club Leaf. It rarely moves, so has plenty of cobwebs on the mirrors.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the Rapid AC (type 2) is still working, so its hanging on, the Club car has been absent for a while now (eaten by the spider?).
A 3rd parking spot so all the charging ports can be accessed would IMO have been sensible.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Originally, the charger was in front of the building, but was permanently ICE'd by the elderly residents, so about a year ago it was moved to the side.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,618 Posts
The last successful charge reported on Zap Map was in March. Reports in March and again in July 4 that Polar are aware of the problem.. Polar CS post to Zap Map on August 12 that they are trying to get parts.

People should think twice before inviting Chargemaster / BP to take over the Electric Highway.
I very much doubt it's Chargemaster who are at fault for the parts being unavailable. I'd put the blame squarely at DBT!

It would be absolute bliss if Chargemaster took over EH, replaced all the units with their much more reliable and better supported Ultrachargers and allowed access on Polar Plus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts