Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked in for dealer update Wednesday. Seems there are 2 updates...Comfort (bong elimination) and Battery....anyone know what this is??

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
1. Second Generation Comfort System update. Released in June 2020
2. BMS update to allow 7kW chargers to perform scheduled charging. I understand that MG did a complete rewrite of the type 2 code in conjunction with Rolec. Released in July 2020.

There are rumours of other updates coming related to charging at rapids, but not heard anything yet.

Reactions: Spike

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am holding off on the comfort2 upgrade just as the moment until the rumoured August update is announced (or leaked ;-)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Has anyone had the BMS update and tried Rolec scheduled charging since
1. Second Generation Comfort System update. Released in June 2020
2. BMS update to allow 7kW chargers to perform scheduled charging. I understand that MG did a complete rewrite of the type 2 code in conjunction with Rolec. Released in July 2020.

There are rumours of other updates coming related to charging at rapids, but not heard anything yet.
I see a user has confirmed that the BMS update works with Rolec and ev.energy with daily tariffs so the current free charge point deal just became more valuable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone had the BMS update and tried Rolec scheduled charging since

I see a user has confirmed that the BMS update works with Rolec and ev.energy with daily tariffs so the current free charge point deal just became more valuable.
I’m slightly more interested in the free Rolec offer now. It would be good to know it works properly!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I’m slightly more interested in the free Rolec offer now. It would be good to know it works properly!
I actually meant to post just the second half of my post as the confirmation has been verified now.

Clearly the Rolec depends on the app for the tariff smarts and so you have dependency on the ‘cloud’ services of both companies being in existence.

Worst case might mean a later swap out but the ‘plumbing’ will have been paid for.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Had the Comfort 2 update carried out yesterday. Highly recommended!

It took my local MG garage two hours and its was the third update they have carried out without any problems. The mechanic told me it was four updates - battery management, infotainment system to show outside temperature and auto-beam dip setting (USB), update to permanently show remaining range and another for the other improvements.

Go for it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts