Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know of anyone who hires out type 1 to type 2 cables? We are planning a holiday in October and wanting to take the Leaf. Without forking out £170 on a cable that might be used a couple of times a year we were wondering if such a service existed as a back up to Rapid charger failure?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi,

I don't think that there is this service available from anyone at the moment. Being perfectly honest, I don't think it would make commercial sense.

I may be wrong in that, but here is a way to find out:
What sort of figure would you be willing to pay for a weekly rental?
How many of you would need this?

If the numbers are there, it is certainly something we could look at.

Regards
Mark

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
No thanks. I wanted the security of my own cables in the boot for whenever I need them, that being both the 3 pin EVSE and the T2-T1.

I'm of the opinion that those two should be supplied as a standard kit will any Leaf, regardless of the charger fitted.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,884 Posts
No thanks. I wanted the security of my own cables in the boot for whenever I need them, that being both the 3 pin EVSE and the T2-T1.

I'm of the opinion that those two should be supplied as a standard kit will any Leaf, regardless of the charger fitted.
This needs to be carved in stone and posted to Nissan (with no stamp).

Also the same needs to go to various other EV manufactures.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks, I think I'd be willing to pay a weekly Rental of IRO £25-£30. As it is probable the cable may not even be used in the rental period I think that is a reasonable amount for a back up.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Just buy one and then sell it if you dont use it, its a lot better to have it and not need it, some of the rapids have level-2 you may just need it one day, I always carry my EVSE and my cable along with extension leads, commando socket adaptors etc, never needed to use them yet but you never know.

Still someone on here might want to lend theirs out to you of course.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point, will probably just buy one! Pity they're not standard!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turns out all I have to do is ask my dealer and they are going to lend me one whenever I need it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts