Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,448 Posts
Something odd there? The connector that's been damaged is the Type 1 end, the end that is connected to the Nissan not the charge post?
Looks to me like both connectors are Type2, so not for a Leaf at all. Unless there's some Leafs rolling round with Type2 ports?

·
Super Moderator
7,448 Posts
Oh, or they have just pictured it next to an undamaged but seperate lead.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Looks to me like both connectors are Type2, so not for a Leaf at all. Unless there's some Leafs rolling round with Type2 ports?
Nope, that's the Nissan Type 1 to Type 2 cable, the one you get if you have the upgraded charger. The broken end is the 5-pin Type 1 connector.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Similar accidental damage incurred to one of our charging cables due to the lead getting caught behind someone's bumper - oops! Luckily didn't damage car but broke the type 1 plug. Can the plug only be purchased as a spare?

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, that's the Nissan Type 1 to Type 2 cable, the one you get if you have the upgraded charger. The broken end is the 5-pin Type 1 connector.
If you look closely you'll see it's the 7 Pin Type 2 Charging Station end thats broken. Only 5 pins are required for a single phase cable.

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you look closely you'll see it's the 7 Pin Type 2 Charging Station end thats broken. Only 5 pins are required for a single phase cable.
I thought he was showing both ends of the same cable in that photo hence the confusion. Now I get it :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts