Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership is tellingm me that I must pay £180 for their Type 2 cable if I want one.

However I've seen cheaper but want to ask whether I should go for it or not?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,410 Posts
This looks good, with the exception of the 3m length. I think it is a standard to be 5m?

This could be sufficient though. I haven't used my cable a lot of times, but almost always, the car has been parked with the port close to charger. Probably less that a meter or 2, and the cable is dragging on the ground.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,177 Posts
5m one from this company for £125. I've got one and I'm very happy with it. Swift response and delivery too.

Third Rock Energy
Website thirdrockenergy.co.uk
Mob 07422941345

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
994 Posts
Buy any type 2 cable you want. As long as it is rated for 32 Amp/7kW then it will work to charge your ZS EV at it's maximum AC charging speed wherever you may need to charge.

As has been pointed out before, 3M is a little short. The standard cables you get most places are 5M and will sometimes come in handy if you need to park in the bay beside a charging post if it happens to be ICEd for example. There have been a couple of times where I felt that even 5 wasn't long enough and could have saved me some hassle if it was just a little longer.

It's up to you to decide what it going to be suitable for your needs. I'm sure plenty of people will find that perfectly acceptable.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,961 Posts
I got one from Amazon on Prime, 5m single phase £150.

Reactions: 80698

·
Zoe Devotee
9,129 Posts
I hope you've negotiated a good discount from the car as negotiating the charge cable should be hard.

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your responses - dealer isn't budging from £21,995 for a ZS EV Exclusive in White (Pre Reg). Only freebie I managed to get were a set of floor mats. Did I do well?

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,961 Posts
Yup. Great job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts