Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I had a new type 2 charger delivered. I have tried useing it today on pod point which has always worked well with my old cable but when I have tried useing the new cable in the charge postbit just make a noise like it's trying to lock it then it goes red. Please see the attached picture
IMG_20200319_151350.jpg

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
If that was mine I would be trying to remove that broken bit from the 'L2' pin and try it again. I think that bit has broken off the end of the pin and stopping a proper connection and giving the warning.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would agree with you. I think that stopping the connection.
My only worry is because it brand new I should just leave it and return it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help. I might try and see if it's just a black rubber tip that guides it as I need it for hoilday on Saturday. I emailed the company but they close at 3pm
Once again thanks for your knowledge

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
It does look as though it is just the tip that has broken off and got stuck at the bottom of the inside of that pin socket. I think that these tips are just to make sure that the pin centres correctly so just be careful when plugging it in.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Hi @nicky jones .
If you zoom in on the photo, it looks like the closing cap from on the top of the L2 pin has fallen off !.
It is now sitting ( on it's back ) at the base of the plug socket.
The pin should NOT be open at the tip.
Look at all of the other pins, they are all closed Nick.
Send it back mate.
Good photo quality O.B.T.W.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to get the black tip out with tweezers. I was going to try it but decided to just send it back. Hopefully they can get one delivered by Saturday before I go to Norfolk.

Thanks for all your support guys

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I was able to get the black tip out with tweezers. I was going to try it but decided to just send it back. Hopefully they can get one delivered by Saturday before I go to Norfolk.

Thanks for all your support guys
I think the cable should work okay if you are really in a jam regarding your plans for the weekend, now that you have removed the loose pin cap.
However, I would get the lead replaced anyway !.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts