Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So picked up my first ever EV today. A used VW E-Up! The granny charger and CSS seem to work perfectly but the type 2 just won’t connect. Almost as if it’s not locking in place properly. The handle keeps twitching when I insert the charger. Always end up with a no charge or red light. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not had the twitching however do check it's pushed in all the way mine sometimes fails when it has seemed like it was in then I realise it wasn't fully pushed in.

Also check it isn't set for a scheduled charge (look for the orange light in front of the gear selector) if it is lit orange it may be waiting to charge later. You can override it by pressing the orange light (button) once.

Finally if it is charging okay with the granny then it may be an issue with the type 2 cable or charge point? My charge point occasionally will not communicate with the Up and switching it off at the fuse box and back on again 30 seconds later reboots it and cures it, not sure why but it does it about twice a year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not had the twitching however do check it's pushed in all the way mine sometimes fails when it has seemed like it was in then I realise it wasn't fully pushed in.

Also check it isn't set for a scheduled charge (look for the orange light in front of the gear selector) if it is lit orange it may be waiting to charge later. You can override it by pressing the orange light (button) once.

Finally if it is charging okay with the granny then it may be an issue with the type 2 cable or charge point? My charge point occasionally will not communicate with the Up and switching it off at the fuse box and back on again 30 seconds later reboots it and cures it, not sure why but it does it about twice a year.
Thanks Trapdoor. I’ve since tried it with a captive type 2 and it worked fine so as you say. Issue is probably cable or charging stations. Phew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts