Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Type 2 to Type 1 cable, 5 metre long, any condition but must be safe to use. Got £100 to spend, I live in Halesowen, West Midlands so can collect if local..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
£125 with VAT
Ah. (y) Still not a bad price, they were £200 3 years ago. You also get a free carry case, 24 month manufacturer defect warranty and free delivery.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Type 1 to Type 2, 5 Metres inc postage

EV Cables =£125 inc vat free carry bag
Cables for Charging = £122.45 ( no cary bag)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers to everyone for their help and advice, just purchased a 5mtr 16amp straight cable from EV Cables on Ebay, very reasonable for £122.99 with a free carry bag....

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am planning to buy as well with bag .please advise 5 or 10metre and 3.6 or 7.2 which is better . Most charge points are 7 kwh will 7.2 be ok ? And how long it takes to charge with 7.2. How do I get 5% discount?
Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Keshav,
please go to this link:
Type 1 - Type 2 charging cables Archives - Ev One Stop
Here you will find the 3.6 kw (16amp) and 7.2Kw (32amp) Type 1 - Type 2 Package which includes a Bag (cable tidy carry case) & Free delivery
You will also find the 10meter long cable, on this link and can purchase the bag separate.
obviously the choice is yours.
the 5% discount code is 5new2016 please enter at the checkout.

regarding your questions:
i see you have an outlander so the max you can pull currently is 3.6 (16amp) so this is the lead that is suitable for you - however if you would like to future proof yourself you are more than welcome to opt for a 32amp 7.2kw - however with your current vehicle it will not benefit you - but some feel its worth spending that few pounds more incase they change there vehicle in the future.
the charge point are 7kw for short - they are in theory 7.2kw as thats 32amp - so please dont get concerned over this.
you are not able to charge an outlander at 7.2 (32amp) currently so i can not give you a time on this - hopefully in the future Outlanders will be released at 32amp capability but at present they are 16amp.
i hope this has helped, if you have any further questions please drop us an email or call.
thankyou

·
Registered
55 Posts
no no - i was just saying that the outlander can not charge at 32amps. (it can not make the most of what is on offer at the 32amp posts)
however you can still use the 32amp points out and about - but your outlander will only pull 16amps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts