Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All
My Leaf 30 goes back at the end of the month and had its MOT and service last week. The garage picked up that the outer edges of both tyres were slightly worn - probably due to the tracking being off over the last 3 yrs. The letter from RCI says no tyre wear due to over or under inflation so i wondered if you thought i should replace both front tyres? It is no problem to do this as i have time but then am i able to put some budget tyres on it? I ask this because the BVPI guidance says the tyres need to be in the same class as would come with the car. So I would interpret that as needing to be premium tyres.

thanks

Matt

·
Registered
417 Posts
Unless it failed the MOT due to the tyre wear them there is no need to replace them as the vehicle is road worthy, and they are considered a consumable item. :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you 😊. How do I argue when the car is collected that the wear isn’t due to under inflation or has is a resulted of me not maintaining the vehicle properly? I will try and post a picture

thanks

·
Registered
30KW Tekna (2017)
925 Posts
Interesting! I wanted to see that fault on some 30KW the caused it.

I thought it it was under inflation you would wear both outside parts, and overinflation you wear the central part.

Is there any kind of tyre inflation that causes unilateral wear of the tyres?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont think so, which is why i was thinking they would probably say it was incorrect maintenance as i have let the tracking slip. what do you think to the tyre condition? the garage measured it as 2.4mm tread depth

·
Registered
417 Posts
How much is the charge to you if they say the tyres are crap? Also how much will it cost you to buy the tyres and have them fitted?

Just send it back as is, they can't charge you more than a fair amount, but more likely is you'll be charged nothing as you have a recent MOT to say they are road worthy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts