Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Picked up my Ampera on Tuesday and have spent some time in familiarisation but I think like all of us some way to go especially with the voice commands.

Back to the subject...

On reading the manual is suggest that the normal tyre pressure should be 35psi (up to 3 people comfort mode) when you look at the readout on the display mine shows 32/33psi but the garage gauge shows 36psi. Can the display readout be recalibrated.

I need to buy a decent pressure gauge to check as well.

What does your readout/actual pressure show?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Ray

As I understand it, inside each tyre is a pressure sensor which transmits wirelessly up to the car. I have a friend who has an Insignia with the same system. He has reported problems with them failing occasionally but he hasn't mentioned how accurate they are. I'll try and find out for you.

Regards, Ralph

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I could be wrong but it is normally a radio transmitting cap on the valve so don't loose them when you remove them to add air :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,059 Posts
The last time I had pressure sensors on a car they were inside the wheel - the other side of the valve. I haven't checked yet on the Ampera, but I'm fairly sure they aren't the cap!

With that car a sensor got damaged when getting new tyres from a high-street tyre place. It was a real hassle as they refused to admit damaging it. In the end the supplying dealer replaced it 'under warranty' when I agreed to use them for future tyres...

Paul R

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have to say that I hadn't checked myself! :oops:

I have now though and they are not in the caps but the valve looks rather bigger than normal wheels so they might be in the valve itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts