Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This error came up on my dash.. reset the tyre pressure and the error went away only to return a couple of days later. It disappears after I reset but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else or anything I can do to correct it?

I have checked all tyre pressures and they are fine.
I have visually inspected all the tyres and they are free from any cuts/damage etc

·
Registered
259 Posts
Seems to happen with all modern cars randomly. I guess all the tyre valves are all bluetoothed to the car and sometimes lose their signal causing a false alarm. Happened to me once in my GTE and happened to people I know in other cars too.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,992 Posts
It’s not a great system to be honest, I think it uses ABS sensor data to measure rolling radius of the tyres and alerts based on consistent discrepancies.

When I got a total flat tyre in a few seconds, it didn’t make a sound, although I suppose I didn’t need to be told I had a flat in that instance.

It’s designed to pick up slow punctures I believe, but I get random warnings like yours sometimes too. It’s not a bad thing if it makes you check the pressures I suppose!

If it carries on, you might have a flaky ABS wheel speed sensor, does it tell you on any other screen which wheel it is?

·
Registered
361 Posts
It’s just as flakey on the eGolf, my guess is it’s a VW thing, I’ve had four of these pop up over the past two months each time the tyre was at less than 1 psi lower than the 41psi recommended, and should be well within the tolerances of the system not to go off (I had this with my Mazda 3 over Winter, it seems to be the system doesn’t like the cold and changes in temperature give false readings on pressure in the tyre).

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,992 Posts
Just for clarity, the Mk7 Golf in any guise doesn’t have wheel based individual pressure sensors, it uses rolling radius info from the wheel speed sensors.

The valves are standard, and there are no pressure senders in the wheels.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s not a great system to be honest, I think it uses ABS sensor data to measure rolling radius of the tyres and alerts based on consistent discrepancies.

When I got a total flat tyre in a few seconds, it didn’t make a sound, although I suppose I didn’t need to be told I had a flat in that instance.

It’s designed to pick up slow punctures I believe, but I get random warnings like yours sometimes too. It’s not a bad thing if it makes you check the pressures I suppose!

If it carries on, you might have a flaky ABS wheel speed sensor, does it tell you on any other screen which wheel it is?
No it doesn't say which wheel I think it's just saying that there's an error with the whole system not a specific wheel.
It's worked great in the past, told me there was pressure loss in the rear left wheel but this time it just says error.
Weird though how nothing since I bought the car and now all of a sudden 2 of these flash up in as many days.

Due for a service mid-Jan so I'll bring it up then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts