Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eric Thompson
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
My 2015 leaf has got the above fitted, but it was only last year i realised i had it, but now the tpms warning light has come on. i have looked on youtube how to use and after inflating the tyre to the correct pressure i found that it isn't working.
Has anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be, any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,197 Posts
Your car is getting to an age when the sensors battery can fail. But don't give up yet. If you have LEAFSpy then you can see the reading for each sensor. Did you take the car for a run immediately before or after checking the pressure? If not it's possible that the sensor was sleeping.

·
Eric Thompson
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your car is getting to an age when the sensors battery can fail. But don't give up yet. If you have LEAFSpy then you can see the reading for each sensor. Did you take the car for a run immediately before or after checking the pressure? If not it's possible that the sensor was sleeping.
Thanks very much for your reply, i actually didn't take it out after inflating, and i must admit i'v not been in it for a couple of months due to ill health, but assuming that it's the same after taking it out please enlighten me on the batteries.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks very much for your reply, i actually didn't take it out after inflating, and i must admit i'v not been in it for a couple of months due to ill health, but assuming that it's the same after taking it out please enlighten me on the batteries.
The error won't clear until you take it for a drive so sounds like that is all you need to do. When a battery dies you get a fault indication rather than a low tyre pressure warning. Pretty certain they are sealed units so you change the whole sensor assembly, not a DIY job as you have to take the tyre off the rim to do it.

·
Eric Thompson
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The error won't clear until you take it for a drive so sounds like that is all you need to do. When a battery dies you get a fault indication rather than a low tyre pressure warning. Pretty certain they are sealed units so you change the whole sensor assembly, not a DIY job as you have to take the tyre off the rim to do it.
Thanks Bungle, i checked the tyre this morning, put a bit of air in and the fault just cleared off the dashboard. As regard changing the batteries, is it realy worth the hassle just to hear your horn beep when tyre pressure is reached?, i can live without it for the time being.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Bungle, i checked the tyre this morning, put a bit of air in and the fault just cleared off the dashboard. As regard changing the batteries, is it realy worth the hassle just to hear your horn beep when tyre pressure is reached?, i can live without it for the time being.
Ah, but TPMS fault is now an MOT failure.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts