Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We I’ve had my i3s now for 5 months and I thought I’m check the pressures, the label inside the door says 41psi rear and 36 front but the funny thing is all mine were 33.5 and no alarms had gone off.
what should they be? I’ve rest them all and reset the monitor it’s all a bit strange.
Thanks

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
I cant help with your specifics but checked my eGolf pressures yesterday as i had a longer than normal journey planned, they were all at 34 so I increased them to 41psi and noticed an improvement straight away

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I don’t understand why the system hasn’t flagged up a problem? I used to have a Porsche and that was a pain the other way a drop of 2 psi and ping ping alarm alarm it was really annoying.

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
The system only monitors for loss of air since the system was reset by the revolution of the wheel, so if someone put 33.5psi in then the car will only flag up if you have lost air since. The system you refer to on the Porsche has sensors in the valves on each wheel that send the actual pressures to the car to monitor

·
Registered
146 Posts
Doesn’t the i3 have valve sensors in each wheel just the same?
My sensors seem to post a warning message if pressures drop about 3psi from where they were set.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If your dealer is anything like the ones I have come across, knowledge of and interest in the i3 is lacking.

Too busy selling and prepping the luxo-barges they make more profit on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your experience is similar to mine. The i3 iDrive doesn't alert the driver to low tire pressure until it's beyond low.

But there's something even worse. You've probably noticed the system won't display tire pressure until after the car has been driven a short distance. However, I hopped in my i3 one night after work and immediately at startup, I was prompted with a low tire warning. Sure enough, my right rear was dead flat! What irks me is the car had sensed this at some point, but can't / doesn't push a notification to the BMW Connected app on my phone to give me a heads up and prevent an end of the day surprise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It must be a system problem.
I have just found another problem with the wipers about to post.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yes our came on the other day as well they were miles out and had looked a little soft since we bought it, we inflated to correct pressures and all is well, didnt reset anything as it didnt flag up a problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts