Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyre pressure warning light came on the other day, went to inflate tyres only to find the lowest was 35 psi. Set them all to 36, reset the warning light in the system, the warning came on the next day after around 6 miles driven. I’m wondering if they are too low or if the ‘warning’ is set too high? Nothing visible causing a slow, so thought I would check before taking it to a garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi . I had same problem on my corsa e 2020 plate. Drivers front tyre was 35psi, and warning light came on . Inflated to 36psi and came on after 5 to 8 miles . Have now put all tyres to 38psi and no warning lights and drives perfectly. This was 3 months ago.Also range seems slightly better. Remember to re set pressure on inboard display screen.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,612 Posts
Set the pressures first thing in the morning when they're stone cold. I'd stick them on 37-38 as when the weather cools more they'll keep reducing pressure.

If one keeps reducing more than the others it could be a slow puncture so it's worth having the tyre checked if it happens again.

·
Registered
Corsa e SE Nav Premium
83 Posts
Just checked mine as the warning light came on today.
Mine were all between 30 and 32 which is the setting for ICE Corsas. 😯
Can only think the dealer set them wrongly before I got the car in July ??

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
377 Posts
I think with the new sensors where its not on the valve i think the sensing process needs a reset every so often to confirm they are correct. We had a hire car in France the other weekend and as we set off to the airport to come home there was a light on the dash for a low pressure tyre. Got to some services and checked them and they were all fine. The message seemed to suggest it just needing resetting so press and held one of the buttons on the stalk and the light went off.

I think you are meant to confirm all the tyres are correct on a regularish basis and confirm they are right and if you dont the car prompts you to do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts