Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front tyres are approaching thread wear limits on our Ampera.

Have done a search but hasn't thrown up anything in recent years for recommended tyres. Would be looking for mid-range tyres, well clear of ditch finders but don't want to fork out for premium either.

Thanks

·
Registered
986 Posts
I would strongly advise for Michelin CrossClimate either the normal or the e+ ones
My preferred place to buy them has been mytyres.co.uk for several years for both car and motorbike.
This doesn't prevent me to shop around before placing the order.
Note that currently in UK garages stopped accepting costumers who supply the tyres. Allegedly because of insurance policies not covering for a potential claim. Although I think it is a load of pish... (pardon my french) :cool:

·
Twin Amperas
39 Posts
Couple of suggestions; I run the Debica, about £50 last time I purchased.

Debica Presto UHP2 A rate Wet Grip B Rated Fuel Efficiency 67dB Noise Level

Goodyear Efficient Grip A rate Wet Grip B Rated Fuel Efficiency 69dB Noise Level

·
Registered
986 Posts
I STRONGLY advise against the cheap so called budget tyres.
This because:
They will last a lot less than proper ones
The "rubber" is of inferior quality
As soon the thread goes halfway the tyre will start loosing grip

From experience, I had energy saver from Michelin on my first Leaf and it lasted 42k miles they were replaced by really cheap crap ones and at 10k miles they were done.
I lost around 5% range on cheap ones, Not saying everyone have the same driving style and that I should approach curves a wee bit slower but that's why I have a fast car :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
New EV driver
188 Posts
I would strongly advise for Michelin CrossClimate either the normal or the e+ ones
My preferred place to buy them has been mytyres.co.uk for several years for both car and motorbike.
This doesn't prevent me to shop around before placing the order.
Note that currently in UK garages stopped accepting costumers who supply the tyres. Allegedly because of insurance policies not covering for a potential claim. Although I think it is a load of pish... (pardon my french) :cool:
totally agree, have just got some of these about a month ago and they are totally fantastic, so much more confidence in what was already a fantastically planted car. Really good in the wet and so far great in the cold, cant wait to try some snow!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts