Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and wondered what is the consensus on buying tyres tyres; is there any special requirement or just go with the garage's recommendation?

Thanks

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Depends on where you are and what you drive. What you need in Guildford is very different to what you need in Uig or Madrid or Moscow or Johannesburg or Toronto or Sydney or Kuala Lumpur.

Garage recommendations should to be taken with a pinch of salt. A good garage will recommend what you need. A bad garage will recommend what they think will get them the most money. Whether you listen to the garage comes down to how much you trust them. (Note: this applies to everything, not just tyres).

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,125 Posts
Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum and wondered what is the consensus on buying tyres tyres; is there any special requirement or just go with the garage's recommendation?

Thanks
Put your reg no into Kwikfits website and it will show a list of suitable tyres.
Their mobile service is great and worth the £10 extra.
I personally have had great results with Michelin Primacy 4 S2 on numerous vehicles. Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance are similar. I don't believe in fitting all season tyres.

For tyre comparisons, check out Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - Tyre Reviews and Tests

·
Registered
Kona 2020
16 Posts
I bought the new e-primacy. Why? I wanted to believed the advertisement, and it seems they are fairly correct

·
Registered
LEAF N-TEC 62KW
2,125 Posts
I bought the new e-primacy. Why? I wanted to believed the advertisement, and it seems they are fairly correct
i think possibly Michelin have just rebranded the Primacy 4 S2 - the S2 version having the same tyre label ratings as the E-Primacy and same tread pattern, but in fewer sizes. (A for efficiency, B for wet grip and 69db for noise and they are certainly a setup up from the original Dunlop Enasavers)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts